Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teflon

Old 06-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Olddog66
Senior User
Olddog66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Teflon

Would it be safe to use teflon tape when you screw in a sender for a transmission temp gauge? I'm using the test port on a 4R100 transmission 2001 7.3L PSD.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:20 PM
wlihntr
Postmaster
wlihntr has a good reputation on FTE.wlihntr has a good reputation on FTE.
yes ...in fact you should put a wrap or two on it so it does not leak

Old 06-14-2007, 12:37 PM
kawika
Elder User
kawika is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Olddog66
Would it be safe to use teflon tape when you screw in a sender for a transmission temp gauge? I'm using the test port on a 4R100 transmission 2001 7.3L PSD.
It would depend on if the sender unit has two wires or just one. If just one wire, there would be no ground return.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:14 PM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..
papadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to behold
I have a 1-wire sender and used tape, but I made sure only a few threads closest to where you connect the wire were covered - further inside the port (once installed) were some bare threads to make the ground connection. try folding the tape in half if you do go that route.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Olddog66
Senior User
Olddog66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks

It's two wire so I'm grounded. Thanks for all the input.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.