Sponsored by: DP Tuner

The lighter Side of FTE

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:35 PM
countrycar
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The lighter Side of FTE

I figure we all need a good laugh now and then. John311T got me think'n about this, so here goes. A few years back my Dad and I where trying to get some plywood in the attic and it wouldn't fit, due to the hinges located at either side of the Attic ladder. I was up top pulling while he was at the bottom pushing. So my Dad decides to remove one of the spring loaded hinges to make room. I bend down thru the attic hole so that he can hand me the hinge. He lets it go and it nails me in the top lip, putting a whole clean thru my lip. So off to the hospital, 6 stiches. Next day where tightening the Fan belt on my truck. Pops is pushing the alternator with a cheater bar and I'm in the engine bay tightening the bolt at the top of the alternater. Well you guessed it. The Cheater bar slips off the alternator and he nails me right in the same spot he nailed me the day before. Back to the hospital for some stitch repair + 2 more. HAH HAH I hope some of you get kick out of this. Take Care now, Country

Old 06-12-2007, 08:38 PM
crack
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahah thats wicked, hole thru the lip isn't fun, I had the same thing happen to me in a hockey fight, 2 stitches on the inside 2 on the outside, stupid sharp teeth.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:44 PM
countrycar
Posting Guru
HAH HAH. Holy Crap.!You Hockey players are crazzyy..

Old 06-12-2007, 08:44 PM
John311t
Postmaster
Im in tears right now laughing at that story.

Heres a good one....
Im at a birthday party and i was in the back of a kubota diesel mule. So my friends thinks in funny to try to tip me out of the bucket. Haha can't hurt me. I jump out and a land at the front of my foot and twist my ankle. Ok nothing a few beers can't fix. Feelin a bit better so i go for a second ride in the mule without a problem, i get back and there are a bunch of people watching my buddies cummins starting. I of course rush over to see all the excitement is(turns out they were just moving the truck), and i didnt see the skeet thrower sitting there on the ground. I hit my ankle again on the skeet thrower then faceplant the side of the truck, no damage to the truck, just my ankle got twisted up like a pretzel, that was two weeks ago and there is still a little bit of pain. Hmm, from now on if i know im gonna have too much, im wearing some bike boots to protect the ankle from damage.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I believe we have all had weekends like that, But enough beer during the race on Sunday will help to minimize the memory.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:51 PM
John311t
Postmaster
Come to think about it, every time i messed up my right ankle(3times)(the left one is still never been hurt), it has been during a good time with friends. The other time was on a snowy a hey watch this episode of my life, who would have known that i was going to fast when i decided to hit a hill that was a little to steep, threw me right off the sled. That was bad, still never been hospitalized for the ankle.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:52 PM
countrycar
Posting Guru
"But enough beer during the race on Sunday will help to minimize the memory". Alan I believe there's a country song in there somewhere. "But enough beer during ther race on sunday will help to minimize the Memory on Monday. What yah think. Your a Genius!!

Old 06-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Yea, "Hey Ya'll Watch This" is usually the first step toward a bad weekend.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:59 PM
crack
Elder User
ha, good times. I am nursing a black eye as we speak, had the night off a couple days ago, so naturally we all wentto the bar, well 200 bucks later my driller winds up and decks me, long story short, when i get up in the morning I look around camp and find that my truck made it back safely, look in the mirror and find that i didnt fair out so well..good for a laugh, im still not sure on how it all went down.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
countrycar
Posting Guru
Oh about 10 yrs ago I had 68 ss that I ended up selling. Well I was trying to get it to run decent so that I could sell it. Well it had been sitting for about a year without firing it up. Well I finally got it started and it was idling ok but still had a stumble/backfire in it. Well here comes my Dad and say's you just need to blow it out. I says no dad just leave it for now. Well he puts his head in the engine bay grabs the throttle 1100 cfm Holley and nails it. Well it stumbled and went BOOMM. Singed all the hair he had left on his head, his eye lashes and his eye brows. I've never Laughed so hard in my life..He didn't talk to me for a week. Like it was my fault HAH HAH HAH. Country

Old 06-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
That one had me rolling country

Old 06-12-2007, 09:33 PM
John311t
Postmaster
Another good one..
My buddy had an old chevy that needed a front pump seal, so i said yea bring it over you can use my tools but you can't park the truck up by the house since its pouring trans fluid. So i go inside my house and Im sitting in my kitchen when i hear BOOM(not the explosion type) and a ton of leaves falling down off a tree. I look farther down and my buddys truck hit the tree. He took the driveshaft off and forgot to block the tires and down the hill it went. I didnt stop laughing for hours. His bumper had a perfect indent from the tree.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:19 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Yall Aint Right, No sir, occifer I aint deen brinking.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John, I almost had a similar experience with my truck when removing the rear driveshaft to grease the splines. Being late on a hot afternoon, I forgot to both block the rear tires or set the parking brake. I'm all the way under the truck, unbolt the driveshaft from the rear end and it seems stuck. Pop it with a hammer a couple times and it comes free...and the truck starts rolling - with me under it! It's only a slight incline on my driveway, but it was still rolling. So here I am under the truck, planting my feet in the ground trying to keep my 4 ton truck from rolling hard into the house. Somehow, I manage to slow it down enough that it comes to a gentle rest against the house. No damage done to the truck or the house, but I had one hell of a cramp in my leg. Lesson learned.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Yeah we all got a million. I will share but one. Some I will never share but here goes: many years ago I was a geographical bachelor going through the Special Forces qualification course in Fort Bragg. I would come home on weekends when I could. So this particular weekend I decided I was going to grill but the stupid ignitor on the gas grill failed. I shut things off and went for a lighter. I returned with the lighter, opened the lid and lit the lighter under a hole in the bottom of the grill only to have an explosion in my face before I could turn anything on.

Come to find out my stupid sister in law had tried to light it after I went for a lighter as if I was too stupid to do it myself. She never shut off the gas or informed me of same. She was sent home immediately for her own safety, and I returned to the Q Course minus eyebrows and eyelashes along with a serious lobster face.

Quick Reply: The lighter Side of FTE