1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Power Windows and Mirrors Inop

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Bullwhip
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Windows and Mirrors Inop

2001 Ranger. Right window works with rt door switch fine. Rt window rolls down with Lt door switch but will not roll up with Lt door switch. Both power mirrors quit over a period of time being intermittent. Recently had door ajar and dome light problems corrected with WD-40. Any ideas?

Old 05-25-2007, 02:33 PM
rangerxlt02
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just off the top of my head I'd say that your switch on the driver's side is going or is gone. You know the power is there since you can sometimes operate the mirror controls, and the pass side window will go down, just not up.

Don't know how hard they are to find. Maybe a local salvage yard has one. Have never broken one apart to look at them either, so don't know if there's anything you can try to do to clean any contact points.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
The power mirrors have their own fuse, have you checked it? I agree with xlt02 that you might be looking at a master switch problem with the windows. The same might even be said for the mirrors. In any case, it appears that you're going to have to dig into things a little deeper. This ought to get you going:

http://members.aol.com/Dertaboy/Car_...r_Removal.html