6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 08:30 AM
yamaracer18
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prices

when do you guys think the prices on these 6.4's are gonna go down if at all 50 grand is alot for a truck in my opinion

Old 05-17-2007, 09:20 AM
SuperDutyJ4500
Elder User
Wait a few months, you should start seeing something happen. But in all honesty, you do get what you pay for.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Brians97F250Crew
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's just crazy .... I paid $54g for my new built house on a lot in 94. In a little over 10 years now you pay that much for a truck. Just makes ya think where will it end?? 70, 80 grand?? In twenty years we might be paying 150,000.00 for a Ford 4x4 crew cab Hydrogen powered.... LOL.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:26 PM
tn mac
Posting Guru
I think the price will be coming down ,as soon as the people who cant wait got have the new truck get theres. then sales will be slowing down and the price will drop.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:28 AM
19FORD93
Senior User
I have witnessed sales slowing down in my area. Theres several big ford dealers here and they have at least 4 new 6.4l diesels sitting on their lot and have been for a good couple months now.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 AM
firehawk198
Elder User
It is a tough situation, how can a company discount prices when they are loosing close to $2,000 per vehicle that they sell. Not just for Ford but all of the big 3, health care is sky rocketing, shipping costs; all other manufactures are passing on price increases for their parts because of the above. If our country could just help in health care alone. As a small business owner I have a $5,000 deductible for each of my family members. Still paid close to 10 grand for health insurance last year. Both of our kids needed braces, eye care. Other doctor bills, I spent 25 grand last year in health care for our family of 4. So I bet the big 3 spend at least 20 grand for every employee they have. That has to be passed on to the buyer. Seems auto costs do increase faster than other manufactured items. People just do not have that much extra income to buy a new vehicle as often.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:56 AM
66stang351
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by firehawk198
It is a tough situation, how can a company discount prices when they are loosing close to $2,000 per vehicle that they sell. Not just for Ford but all of the big 3, health care is sky rocketing, shipping costs; all other manufactures are passing on price increases for their parts because of the above. If our country could just help in health care alone. As a small business owner I have a $5,000 deductible for each of my family members. Still paid close to 10 grand for health insurance last year. Both of our kids needed braces, eye care. Other doctor bills, I spent 25 grand last year in health care for our family of 4. So I bet the big 3 spend at least 20 grand for every employee they have. That has to be passed on to the buyer. Seems auto costs do increase faster than other manufactured items. People just do not have that much extra income to buy a new vehicle as often.
Not to get in politics just to warn you be careful what you wish for. There are only 2 ways to "reduce" the cost of healthcare.
One is to federalize it like the Canadians and the only thing that does is make you pay the government for it instead of the doctors. This gives the doctors less incentive to pay big bucks for a good education so less doctors which in turn means long waits to get simple things like a torn ACL fixed. The final cost ends up being higher because of the government red tape, you just pay it in taxes instead.
The second way to reduce healthcare costs is to regulate it. This gives the doctors less incentive to pay big bucks for a good education so less doctors which in turn means long waits to get simple things like a torn ACL fixed. The final cost ends up being higher because of the government red tape, you just pay it in taxes instead.

Notice how the end result is the same in both. Sorry for the rant.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:50 PM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
Prices for these trucks aren't gonna drop anytime soon. You might be able to save a couple grand at the end of the model year when they start giving better incentives. But with these trucks being 08's don't hold your breath.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:18 PM
elemint
Elder User
This is where it will end. We have 10 years tops, but probably mor like 3-5 before the whole house of cards comes down. This nation is bankrupt and the you know what is about to hit the fan.

Originally Posted by Brians97F250Crew
it's just crazy .... I paid $54g for my new built house on a lot in 94. In a little over 10 years now you pay that much for a truck. Just makes ya think where will it end?? 70, 80 grand?? In twenty years we might be paying 150,000.00 for a Ford 4x4 crew cab Hydrogen powered.... LOL.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:25 PM
elemint
Elder User
That is tough firehawk... This is what happens when we have an uneducated electorate. Year after year the population is told we have the best health care in the world when this is NOT the case for 99% of medical situation. On top of this we have the drug makers brainwashing us into thinking we need overpriced dangerous drugs. Everything now is about money and not about what is good for the nation. Sorry to get political but decades of greed from the GOP has sold out this great nation to big business.

Originally Posted by firehawk198

Old 05-18-2007, 04:42 PM
NS F250
Elder User
Originally Posted by elemint
That is tough firehawk... This is what happens when we have an uneducated electorate. Year after year the population is told we have the best health care in the world when this is NOT the case for 99% of medical situation. On top of this we have the drug makers brainwashing us into thinking we need overpriced dangerous drugs. Everything now is about money and not about what is good for the nation. Sorry to get political but decades of greed from the GOP has sold out this great nation to big business.
Wow, someone's gotta talk you off the ledge. Fwiw, the big 3 are dealing with crazy high labor and pension costs that were left to them by past management. This is why Toyota will be on top soon, they can build and sell cars for less money and still make a profit.

As much as I would like to set you straight, this is not the place for this. Btw, I see your from WI. You should be happy that Doyle will save us all.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:49 PM
richfaa
Elder User
There will be cash back rebates once the initial surge of Folks who could not wait plays out.Ford along with the others is hurting and they need to sell the product. I expect to see cash back rebates on all the big trucks in the very near future.Ford already has the "customer loyality" rebate in effect in My opinion as a test to see if rebates will increase sales..I will wait fot the rebates.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:00 PM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
If Ford and Navistar don't get things worked out, there won't be any 6.4L to buy.

Another way to control health care costs is to get a handle on out-of-control lawsuits.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:58 AM
rondocycle
New User
Went to the dealer last night in Stratford, NJ. They had Red tag sales in the window. The 6.4 c/c lariats I looked at were marked from window sticker price of 52 -53,000 down to 48-49,000. The prices were about $500. over the dealer invoice price listed on forddirect.com. I was surprised to see that.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:59 AM
richfaa
Elder User
I got a quote from our local dealer on a "internet price" that was under the X plan price..not much, but under.Ford is trying everything to get these things to sell..look for "significant" cash back rebates in the very near future, I would guess end of 2nd quarter when the sales figures come in. I can wait for the right price.

Quick Reply: prices