Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Controller Question

Old 05-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Buicksx2
Junior User
Buicksx2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Brake Controller Question

Hi All,

I am wondering if I can get some opinions on what I have before I tow my race car next week.

I just bought a 99PSD and came with a brake controller that has a 4 pin connector for a trailer. My old F250 and car trailer has a 7 pin connector.

I know I can get a 4 pin to 7 pin adaptor but some of my buddys say I am better off taking my old brake controller and 7 pin connector and using that instead of the 4 pin to 7 pin adaptor.

Anyone have any thoughts on what's best to do?

I am towing an 18 foot open car trailer and 3500 pound race car FWIW.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:33 PM
nissandoc
Posting Guru
nissandoc is a name known to allnissandoc is a name known to allnissandoc is a name known to allnissandoc is a name known to allnissandoc is a name known to allnissandoc is a name known to all
Trailer Brakes

Gotta Have The 7 Pin On Your Truck For The Trailer Brakes To Work. Otherwise The Brake Controller Is Doing Nothing. Install The 7 Pin And Test The Trailer Brakes Before You Hit The Road.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.