N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Writers Needed

Old 05-07-2007, 05:26 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Writers Needed

I am proceeding with the regional newsletter, and need people willing to take pictures and write up our outings. Anyone interested? We need to write up the Lodi gathering, and the clinic.

One part of the newsletter will be member profiles - pictures and a history of all the members who will let us publish one. You can write your own, or we will find someone to interview you. Who wants to be first?

I have an outline of a profile if you want to see it, and have written one for myself. If you are interested in what such an article would look like, email me and I will send you a copy. Clint@Old-Fords.com

Also, does anyone know how to do mass mailings on the net?

Old 05-07-2007, 11:04 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Clint,
Good job getting this going. I will look at your profile and write one about myself.

I know that there were some good posts on the Lodi and other gtg forums telling what happened. We could use those to get an idea for the article.

Karl

Old 05-08-2007, 08:23 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't forget the "Getting to Know You" thread that I started a few months back, it has some profiles in it:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...-know-you.html

I'd be glad to try to write an article now and again. I almost always take pictures, just not always of appropriate stuff...

Old 05-08-2007, 09:36 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Dan, that was a great idea - it is a good start.

Did I mention that writers who contribute articles get press passes? I am not sure if the state police still issue "official" passes, but we can make up our own if they don't.

I used my official pass to get aboard and ride the aircraft carrier when we did the B29 Doolittle reenactment a few years ago - got to watch them take off. I also used a couple of passes to get myself and Bruce into the pits at the mud bogs - great pictures!