1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New 55 owner / building up the truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:27 PM
driveability
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 55 owner / building up the truck

I am working on my good friends 55, we are just finishing the brakes. The truck has a Volari front end and a LTD rear-end. We just ran all new lines and installed all new rotors, drums etc.
We now are doing the wiring, having said that our truck was started by the PO and he included a wiring harness which was pre made, like a pain-less but not.
It came with a small set of limited instructions mainly about the IP cluster. Is there any diagram available? I have been able to isolate the major parts but when it comes down to each separate circuit location like the light switch and ignition switch we don't have anything to look at. Is there something around to view? I did search and came up empty. From what I see theres not much wiring in the factory truck but it's nice to have something to look at.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:18 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's a general wiring diagram of a mid 60s Ford with a Ford alternator and external regulator. Maybe it will help some with the ignition and charging circuit.

Last edited by GreatNorthWoods; 05-03-2007 at 06:21 AM.