AOD Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:10 PM
55fordtruck
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AOD Help

Hello all,
I need help on what torque converter to use. I have a 55 f100 with a 302 from a 87 mustang gt. I'm taking the 5 speed out and putting an AOD in it. I plan on putting a B cam from Ford Motorsports in the motor. Also if it matters the motor was switched from fuel injected to carb. What I need to know is what stall converter to use.

Thanks for the help and if theres any other info you need let me know.

Kevin

Old 05-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would probably go with something close to stock specs. You can call up a trans shop and let them know your intentions and they will recommend something. You will want to have handy the cam specs and probably rear end gearing too, as well as what other changes if any have been made to the motor. I think you will also need to hook up a vacuum source from the manifold, if the AOD has a vacuum modulator on it.

--Mike

Old 05-02-2007, 10:52 PM
eatfish
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe you guys can help. I have an 85 mustang that I converted from cfi to a barry grant carb. It has the aod and I extended the kick down (tv?) by cutting, welding nuts and adding a peice of allthread to adjust. I was wondering how much travel I should have at the transmission? I was told I was fine if at full throttle the rod pushed the lever on the transmission all the way down. Any thing else I need to know?