1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:08 AM
chaparro
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need advice!

Finally I'm ready to make some mods. to my 99 f 250 5.4 superdutty.I need advice from all you experts.
First I'll regear from 3.73 to 4.30. Also need to know what to do to pull the max possible torque with out affecting hp. I'm planing to swamp headers, wish brand and tipe will be the best. By the moment I need to stay with the stock exaust muffler, but later I'll change it.What do you recomend a chip or a computer programer. I do lots of daily towing and need more power.Basicly these are the 3 things I think should do to improve power, but if somebody knows something better (let me know).

Thanks.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Pickupmanx2
Logistics Pro
Received 240 Likes on 185 Posts
Not having a 5.4 I can't say from experience with that set-up in particular, however, if you re-gear to 4.30 you will LOVE that, next would be the exhaust so it will let it breathe, then programmer and intake, in that order, they all kinda go with each other.... more gas+more air= more power, but if it is restricted (exhaust is stock) your complete gains are not realized, so once your ready to do one, make sure you are ready to do them all.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:22 AM
ken75ranger
Elder User
What size tires do you plan to run?

Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 PM
chaparro
Senior User
Originally Posted by Pickupmanx2
Not having a 5.4 I can't say from experience with that set-up in particular, however, if you re-gear to 4.30 you will LOVE that, next would be the exhaust so it will let it breathe, then programmer and intake, in that order, they all kinda go with each other.... more gas+more air= more power, but if it is restricted (exhaust is stock) your complete gains are not realized, so once your ready to do one, make sure you are ready to do them all.
Ok..... If I need to do all them at the same time no problem. Now this is a challenge.I can't sleep thinking in the moment when I have her ready. My hands on her wheel. WOW. Very soon....Ok back to topic. you mention intake also, no problem. What I need is your advice to buy the perfect combination and brand. The intake, the headers, the exaust muffler and what comp. programer. About the tires I improve from 265-75 -R16 to 285-75-R16.Since I have these new tires I notice drop on power. Now I dont care because my new mods. will help.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:59 PM
chaparro
Senior User
Oh I almost forgot I want to install limited slip differential ro gears. I want both rear tires have traction.The exaust muffler the less noisy posible.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Soilman
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man you can ask a big question can't you. What you want to do depends on what you want. You said daily towing, just how much weight? Any off roading how often does a open diff let you down? Are you after gas milage or just the power to spare? Budget is what $1000 or $10000? Planning on getting bigger tires? You may need engine mods only, gear change only or both. I will watch for your answers because I have tried it all on my 2001 5.4L.