Sponsored by: Moser

F-350 brake booster

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:27 AM
5.8LiterImportEater
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F-350 brake booster

I am wanting to upgrade my brake booster on my 73 F250 4X4 highboy. I have already upgraded the brakes with rear discs and a 99 ford f150 master cylinder. The truck doesn't have cruise control, or AC, if that matters. I am just looking for which F350 brake booster I need to make this work. The truck has this linkage from the booster to the peddle that has a pivot point outside the cab in the engine compartment. The diagram that oreilly's has show's a shaft that looks too long.

I tried that link that Mil1ion posted, but I don't know whether I need to keep 73 with 73 or is it 73 to 75, ect. Basically what interchanges, or upgrades what? Are all 73 to 79 f350 boosters basically the same, HELP!!!

Chris

Old 04-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Booster with push rod # F-26 should work

The Brake PEDAL may have to to be changed

The booster actuating assembly changed in 1979 so anything before that is the same.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:05 AM
5.8LiterImportEater
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry for the spelling on the post, I was up late/early trying to figure out which one I needed. hopefully I have what I need ordered. As far as changing the pedal, I don't think I will be doing that anytime soon. I just need the damn truck to finally stop breaking....I have busted everydamn thing on this truck. the rear dif, the front axle, driveshafts, the steering has been switched to power steering because it sucked, HELL IT BURST INTO FLAMES 3 weeks ago...I just need this POS to do it's job for ONE TIME. the motor runs like poop, the transmission has the worst shift linkage on it possible, and I don't know how to rig anything better, because some redneck "engineered" it, and welded a bunch of stuff to it.

I am about to sell this turd if it doesn't stop breaking.....I figured a 360/C6/DivNP205/Double D-60 truck would be bullet proof.

anyway, hopefully I have the parts now.
Chris