Sponsored by:

Power window and lock questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 06:12 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 1990 XLT has all power accessories, and they work pretty well. Both power window motors were replaced recently, before I got the truck. My first question is: the drivers side window goes up and down really fast. The passenger side window is about half as fast, and I was wondering what might cause that. My second question is that the power lock switch doesn't activate the driver's side lock. I'm pretty sure this is the activator. Am I right? Will any universal activator work, or do I need a Ford one? I hear that these go out a lot. Is there a cheap place to buy them, and are they easy to replace? Do I need special tools? Finally, the dashboard switch for my back glass only works when the engine is running. Is that how it is supposed to work? Thanks again, this board is very helpful

Old 07-11-2001, 06:40 AM
Bob_VT
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is an express module for the drivers window. You can install one for the passenger window if you like. All the explanation can be found at: http://www.shotimes.com/SHO4expressdown.html

this is the proceedure for installing the module.

As for the door lock yes the locking switches "should" activate both doors alike. You said the window motors were replaced, well the possibility of a disconnected and or broken connection does exsist.

Old 07-12-2001, 09:00 PM
JBronco
Postmaster

Thanks for the URL. This is obviously not a critical thing, but one day when I have a little time and/or are bored I'll go out to the boneyard and see if I can get one of those modules. I'd like it if both windows went the same speed.

Old 07-12-2001, 09:03 PM
JBronco
Postmaster

PS - one the web page the guy says that it is an express or "one-touch down" module. My driver's window doesn't do one touch down, it just goes twice as fast as the other window. Would this be the right fix then? Should I get two of the modules and put them on both windows?

Old 07-12-2001, 11:27 PM
axaviere
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts