SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah time runs fast so you can do it

Old 04-19-2007, 03:39 PM
jwcorder
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I haven't posted since Saturday but I been covered up. Had a great time at the Auto Fair. You can literally call me a redneck now cause I sunburnt the **** out of the back of my neck while we were down there. It's been blistered all week. Otherwise, I had a great time meeting all you guys down there.

Thanks for putting up with me dragging you guys all over looking for parts. Just about killed the batteries in that hot rod of your's Cliff.

Looking forward to the next gtg and doing it again in September. The Auto Fair is September 13-16. Starts at 8:00 AM and runs til 4:00 PM all days except Sunday. Next time I'll bring some sunblock!!!!

Josh

Old 04-19-2007, 03:42 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jwcorder
Sorry I haven't posted since Saturday but I been covered up. Had a great time at the Auto Fair. You can literally call me a redneck now cause I sunburnt the **** out of the back of my neck while we were down there. It's been blistered all week. Otherwise, I had a great time meeting all you guys down there.

Thanks for putting up with me dragging you guys all over looking for parts. Just about killed the batteries in that hot rod of your's Cliff.

Looking forward to the next gtg and doing it again in September. The Auto Fair is September 13-16. Starts at 8:00 AM and runs til 4:00 PM all days except Sunday. Next time I'll bring some sunblock!!!!

Josh
HEHEHEHE No problems I had a great time I had sun block my son refused to use it so he got burnt too. Sorry I didn't offer any I forgot my manners.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:45 PM
jwcorder
Senior User
It's alright. I am hardheaded over that kind of stuff. I am faired skinned and never use it and get cooked every time I out of the house for more then an hour. One day I will learn.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:46 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
LOL I use to be that way.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:34 PM
George Frasier
Posting Guru
Same here !!! Enjoyed the Fair. The ONLY thing that wasn't good was the trip back and the "WET". Loooong trip - but worth it ! I was tempted to spend the night in Gaffney w/ relatives. The next Auto Fair is on my calendar. Still interested in Cherokee and the games. I'd like to know how many trophies to bring. I still think your chair needs a couple solar cells - put them up like a roof & stay "cool-in-the-shade".

Old 04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
George Frasier
Posting Guru
Blackie96 - My Senior year in school was the 1st girl in auto shop, caused quite a stir. She built a rod & we painted it Candy Emerald. (Candy paints are a #@+*) For her final semester she brought in the trophy fron the drags, where she beat the guys that "were going to show her". ( HOT ROD : a composite vehicle = Ford frame/engine - Cord body - Chevy fenders - Lincoln suspension ) Sparkled like a Xmas ornament and ran like a scalded antelope. GO GIRL.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:38 PM
blackie96
Elder User
Originally Posted by George Frasier
Blackie96 - My Senior year in school was the 1st girl in auto shop, caused quite a stir. She built a rod & we painted it Candy Emerald. (Candy paints are a #@+*) For her final semester she brought in the trophy fron the drags, where she beat the guys that "were going to show her". ( HOT ROD : a composite vehicle = Ford frame/engine - Cord body - Chevy fenders - Lincoln suspension ) Sparkled like a Xmas ornament and ran like a scalded antelope. GO GIRL.
I never had that opportunity in high school because the school lost their vocational funding the year I would have been eligible to take auto shop. I just feel like I've put things off for way too long. I can already see it's gonna be really rough but I've been in a male dominated career for the last 4 years, (though not quite as few women) and I'm ready to just bite the bullet and just get it done. And this just helps me wanna do it more. Thank you!

Old 04-23-2007, 10:41 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Yeah just think you could build a mini lighting with that ranger when you're done a 5.4 SC engine would make that little truck run like a raped ape.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:21 PM
blackie96
Elder User
Originally Posted by Old Tired Rebel
Yeah just think you could build a mini lighting with that ranger when you're done a 5.4 SC engine would make that little truck run like a raped ape.
Oh Yeah!!! It will take a while, but when it's all said and done, I WILL have my 'lil Hot Rod!!

Old 04-24-2007, 06:28 PM
George Frasier
Posting Guru
Blackie96 - I'm an Oregon Webfoot, have worked in timber (logging) and in lumber mills. Some of the women working alongside were sweating "just like us guys" and a few were finessing the lumber or veneer off the belts without breaking a sweat. I've had friends that raced dirt and once in a while they held "Powder Puff" races - WICKED... There was more 'trading paint' than normal. Set your mind to it and do it. You may have a bunch of guys comming to your shop too.