1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer mileage screw up

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Scott250
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer mileage screw up

Ok where do I start, I had my 03' F250 6.0L transmission serviced at my local dealer, ie: flush/filter change etc., and when i received it back I noticed a pretty significant fuel mileage drop. At first I thought it was just an anomoly but it had dropped two to three mpg on the last half of the tank. After a fillup and another tank of fuel the milage was confirmed at a drop of 5 mpg. I have received 16 mpg average for the life of the truck and was flabergasted as to what to think. An extremely short time after I finally received the rest of my lift/tires for the truck, totally different nightmare, and put the lift on. I needed an alignment went to the tire shop and they told me I needed new ball joints. Went back to dealer to have them fixed asked for them to see about the milage drop and they stated that it was because of the lift. SO, I have two questions : Has anyone had their truck serviced and then had asignificant mpg drop? and What has been the MPG change of your truck after you have installed a lift? My lift was a Superlift 6 front/5 rear with 37" mickey thompson MTZ. This may pertain to persons with the diesel in their rig because of the excess power from it. I really need your opinion to strengthen my position and sorry for the log post. Klettke

Old 03-28-2007, 09:46 PM
hotroddsl
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sounds like you probably got the latest & greatest new flash! also those big meaty new tires will have considerably more rolling resistance & that = more fuel to move them! looks real good? I hope.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Scott250
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I realize that. Ford told me that they never did a reflash. Also the fuel mileage dropped before I put on the lift. Others in town that I have talked to have said that they showed an increase in mileage with their diesels. Just wondering if they were off base or correct.