1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

ordiance

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:21 PM
f100project
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ordiance

well I don't get my truck towed but I do have to put the front clip back on after all the work removing it which really ticks me off and I can't remove an other parts unless I have new parts to put back on it and the house I currently rent has no freaking garage because I sold my old house to move back to Kentucky and wound up moving back to South Dakota and renting a garageless house but in a couple years I will own a home that has one. and the kicker is that our councilman that is throwing a fit about classics is one of the biggest collectors in this crappy little town but I guess if I had his money I would burn mine well I got some fenders to get ready to reinstall talk to ya all later.

Adam

Old 03-22-2007, 09:56 PM
brig 56
Senior User
Thumbs up

so, you have a zoning problem i'm guessing. bummer, especially since the guy bugging you seems to be something of a hypocrate , those that have the cash seem to make all the rules, and i have been without a garage before, no fun, wish you the best in your obvious frustration, press on with your truck.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:02 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,882 Likes on 1,856 Posts
Adam,
Why not try loosely installing the front clip, mayube only one or two bolts in each piece to give the appearance of a complete truck. That way you can still pull it off easily to work on it.

About the best thing you can do here is to make nice with the neighbors. Go talk to them and see if you can find some middle ground. Maybe covering the truck with a tarp, or limiting the hours you work on it, or something along those lines. Find a compromise.

Good luck

Old 03-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,362 Likes on 1,120 Posts
That is too bad as it really spoils fixing your truck up.
Any chance of renting a garage or vacant building?

Old 03-22-2007, 11:10 PM
frigerator
Elder User
Car cover

Can you get a canvas metal framed car cover and put up?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:36 AM
black58
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
That's just what I was going to recommend. Maybe a portable carport or canvas garage with a zippered door to hide it. Good luck! John

Old 03-23-2007, 12:24 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,094 Likes on 815 Posts
I would guess the councilman who is raising the stink, and is a car collector himself, is probably just that, a "collector". Probably has never gotten his hands dirty, scraped or crushed working on a car. Just goes around buying either restored cars or cars that need restoring and having someone else do all the work. Then he goes to cars shows and tells everyone about all the work "He" did to the car.

Good luck, try to make nice with everyone and hopefully, you can get your truck on the road soon.