1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:34 PM
f100project
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry neighbors

I had the city ordiance called today because my f100 is outside and no plates on it right now and one of my pain in the butt nosey neighbor called them today which really ticked me off because they say it is an eyesore but little do they realize once I get plates on it there is nothing they can do so I say to them is HA HA HA people just don't understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
well i'll talk to ya all later.
Adam

Old 03-21-2007, 08:49 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,885 Likes on 1,859 Posts
Adam,

Those code enforcement people can be a rael pain. I had my wife's 67 VW in my driveway (not registered) both me and my neighbor got notices a few weeks ago (he had an unregistered car in his driveway also) I know none of my neighbors complained, the code people just randomly cruise around....ugh
I'm just glad he didn't look in the back yard.

Good luck getting it registered
Bobby

Old 03-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What kind of a neighbor is that jeesh its your property if they think its an eyesore why dont they look away that would **** me off too i would sure give them a piece of my mind stuf like that really bugs me

Old 03-21-2007, 09:57 PM
59flatbedford
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i hate them stupid no old cars ordinances. i can only imagine how much classic iron has been crushed do to them. if poeple cant realize how cool old cars are why cant they just leave us that do alone.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:21 PM
felixr
Elder User
do they have dogs or cats? throw some eukanuba wet food in their yard lol

Old 03-21-2007, 10:31 PM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
Mine was towed twice. I had to pay $75.00 to have it moved into the garage from right beside it. It was either that or have it towed away. The next time I came home my 55 was gone. I switched the historic plates to it that morning but was not in the system yet. Did not have to pay storage or towing to just towing back home. What a crock! I called the building dept on the slum lord who had my trucks towed. He has to do 10K in improvements. The city ordinance guy may have graduated with him, but the mayor plays cards with me.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:34 PM
felixr
Elder User
on a lighter note . . . i got a "we will tow it next time if you dont move it" notice and for color of vehicle they put RUST

Old 03-21-2007, 10:40 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, the Law is the Law. They have council meetings where these type of things are enacted and voted on, The people that do that are elected by the people.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like them either, but crying in your beer only waters it down.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 PM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
I'm not crying just helping to get a new ward 3 councilman elected. Heck, I feel like I got the better end of the deal He could not turn my house in, everything is new in it.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:24 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 613 Likes on 380 Posts
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
Hey, the Law is the Law. They have council meetings where these type of things are enacted and voted on, The people that do that are elected by the people.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like them either, but crying in your beer only waters it down.
Exactly. I've lived next to people who had non-running cars rotting in their driveways for 4 - 5 yrs while "they were working on it". Oil running down the driveway, tires flat, no visible progress for years. There are ways to separate the true project vehicles (like resto permits with time limits) from the junk cars. If we don't participate in the process of drawing the lines, someone else will.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Nuthin
Elder User
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
There are ways to separate the true project vehicles (like resto permits with time limits) from the junk cars. If we don't participate in the process of drawing the lines, someone else will.
Ross (and Dick) are absolutely right, I think. Seems as though we have two choices: 1) lead the charge or, 2) get run over by the stampede. I know which I choose.

A very good reminder for hobbyists to stay current on local actions that might affect us and to get involved in the process where and as we can.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:40 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Pee on the zoning man I say. Where are they when the hood' gets filled with 10 late model chevs and rams with way wide 14" tires and dingleballs hanging from the mirrors all at one home. Now lets throw in the Boom,Boom..Boom Boom until dark. Now that s a problem. I'd MUCH rather see an old under-construction in 5 colors as opposed to the aforementioned any day. Put a plate on and the neighbor can pound sand. J

Old 03-22-2007, 05:23 AM
pickup_289
Senior User
My neighbor used to work for the town and has called them 3 times on me. Last time was for too many unregistered cars. Guy came and asked where the cars were. I told him car an motorcycle in cellar and truck out back. He said that was OK. But did I have car parts? They were behind and in the truck. He told me to get rid of them or $100 a day fine. Did some rearranging and all was fine. Now truck in in garage and hidden from sight. Nice neighbor. I'd call on her but she has friends there so wouldn't do any good, she would find out it was me. She's cost me $200 so far. Could have bought some parts for the truck with that.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:05 AM
twisted56
Freshman User
Maybe you could go out and make friends with the local junk yard fella and bring home the UGLYEST, RUSTY car that still runs and register it. Then park it right on the property line.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:14 AM
ilovegamesandcars
Senior User
That reminds me of two stories. My first night with my '60, she was parked on the street. It was a long haul and after midnight but I was to lazy to open our gate and put her in. And keep in mind she hasn't been registered for 5 years and Code Enforcement live for this. Well I didn't sleep a wink and I must have heard every car go by the house between 12am - 9am. Should have just pulled her in ...

But the worse/best story was the old bat that got my neighbor's son's truck towed the night he returned from DEPLOYMENT. It wasn't registered because he was DEPLOYED. And to top it off it was covered for those 18 mounts, in his driveway, because he was DEPLOYED.

Well of course we took up a collection. And since they took it on the Saturday and they we're not open on Sundays it was a total of $434. And I'll be damned if we we're going to make that kid spend even a dime on that ...

Quick Reply: neighbors