Interior light and dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 04:25 PM
bravo2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior light and dash lights

On the 85 ford 150 4x4 I'm buying its dash lights are not bright, they are dim and thats with the **** turned all the way up wide.

Has anyone installed the interior light like the ones in the 89 ford 150 that has the on and off switch and has 2 lights that you can turn one side or the other on or both setup in on the older ford 150's? My 85 don't have a headliner if that matters any. My buddies is a 89 and like his interior light setup. I like the ability to turn each side off and on and also the hole unit off and on and not have to mess with the turn ****. the turn **** seens finiky as it is.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Franklin2
Received 1,774 Likes on 1,437 Posts
The dash lights are not bright because the blue plastic lenses that turn the light blue, get old and hazy, and block most of the light. Some people take the dash apart, knock the lenses out, and go with the bare bulb yellow glow, or go buy colored lights after they knock the factory lenses out.

You can install one of those map light assemblies, but you will have to make sure you have a power wire that is hot at all times up there at that point. I do not know if the factory had that wire up there for a truck even though it didn't have the map light option.