Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:32 AM
bandito
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust

Hi

I am posting for some help.

I want to change out my exhaust from the engine back. Exhaust heads to the tailpipe (keep catalytic converter). Including gaskets that will not need replacing.

I am looking for a bit more gas mileage, and a better sound.

Also, I am looking to change out the air intake for something that is low maintenance and provides good flow.

I live in Magnolia TX (just north of Houston) and am looking for recommendations of people to do the exhaust work.

Thanks.
Matt

Old 03-20-2007, 02:18 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 304 Likes on 157 Posts
I'm going to be doing something very similar soon... but without doing anything to the stock cat or muffler.

Just the exhaust manifolds, and y-pipe. For now.

See my new thread:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...ud-or-two.html

Old 03-20-2007, 05:33 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Depending on your budget you may just want to look at a Cat back system from someone like Banks, Magnaflow, Bassani and Etc. and you could bolt it on yourself pretty easy. Cat backs are more expensive (around $450) but are mandrel bent and everything is stainless.

If you want something custom, look in the phonebook and find a local exhaust shop. I got a stainless system put on my truck a while ago and the morons welded it up with steel wire, used steel hangers and steel clamps. So I'm pulling it off and redoing everything with stainless myself. Sometimes if you want something done right you have to do it yourself I guess.

I have a K&N FIPK 2 and it works great for me. Some don't like them buts that there opinion.

Something you might want to look at is getting a tuner to richen the fuel mixture because the intake and exhaust increases flow in and out and tends to lean the mixture out slightly.