Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Sled pulling?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

[QUOTE=arctic y block]I think we are still on the subject? There are three places that come to mind.
The Sanderson Airport in Shelton has a place.
The Elma Fair Grounds also. And There is an ATV and 4X4 run between Shelton and Elma on HWY 101 near Elma. They had the National Monster truck run there last summer with Big Foot, Grave Digger and others. Contact the Elma Fair Grounds Committee on either of those I think. Even If they are having races at the Fair grounds there is still a place for pull offs I believe. But I can't believe there is no one on here that doesnt race there. Call the City's and they should be able to steer you to the right people to contact in all cases.[/QUMY problem is that I have a stock truck and just want to have fun. I don't have big tires or a lift or a buiolt engine either.
So as long as no one cares about that im good to go

Old 03-20-2007, 09:28 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by arctic y block
I think we are still on the subject? There are three places that come to mind.
The Sanderson Airport in Shelton has a place.
The Elma Fair Grounds also. And There is an ATV and 4X4 run between Shelton and Elma on HWY 101 near Elma. They had the National Monster truck run there last summer with Big Foot, Grave Digger and others. Contact the Elma Fair Grounds Committee on either of those I think. Even If they are having races at the Fair grounds there is still a place for pull offs I believe. But I can't believe there is no one on here that doesnt race there. Call the City's and they should be able to steer you to the right people to contact in all cases.
How soon are we talking here anyways Arctic? I want to be there and I need some parts but unfortunately I've been sick so I haven't been able to get to the junkyards.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Sad as it is, I don't have a working 4x4 right now. And it's not even in the top five of my projects, either..............
Soon enough, though. Once I get some more parts collected, and get the time to pull the body off my 72 I can continue on it. At least it has both axles under it again.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ford_Six
Sad as it is, I don't have a working 4x4 right now. And it's not even in the top five of my projects, either..............
Soon enough, though. Once I get some more parts collected, and get the time to pull the body off my 72 I can continue on it. At least it has both axles under it again.
FORD doesn't mean 4x4...It means having the best! Sounds like you have some great 2x4's!...Or is that 4x2's?

I don't know...I'm just a country boy!

Old 03-22-2007, 10:45 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Montesano is where the ORV park is located. If anyone gets stuck, not a problem. It will be a Ford pulling a Ford. Who cares if its 2 wheel of 4 wheel drive lets have a great time.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:04 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by lostmybeer
Montesano is where the ORV park is located. If anyone gets stuck, not a problem. It will be a Ford pulling a Ford. Who cares if its 2 wheel of 4 wheel drive lets have a great time.
Is it Montesano then? And when cause I got parts ordered and I wanna be there!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lostmybeer
Can you PM or post more specifics? We are close to having the first G2G setup and need to plan the next.

Also, Marty is looking at things. Maybe the two of you can brainstorm.

Last edited by Placermike; 03-22-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
What do you guys think of Tahuya st park. It is an ORV park with 4X4 trails and camping near by. I am thinking of an over night thing. Any suggestions? This place is just southwest of Bremerton and south of Silverdale. Any other location suggestions or date suggestions? I will get a couple of options and then ask Mike to set up a poll.

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/dataandmaps/ma...ahuya_both.pdf

Old 03-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
The only issue I have with Tahuya is that the trails there are really tight. One of the reasons I got a Subaru to wheel is that the trails there are so tight. Never got to use it there, but it's narrower than a Jeep so it should handle it.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:51 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
So you do not think a full size truck will work will do it without some damage?

Old 03-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
I wouldn't take a nice fullsize through there. Maybe a beat up woods truck, something that you wouldn't notice a big scratch on. My 72 has a tear down the driver's side that supposedly came from there about ten years ago.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:06 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
well,... I am still looking for good alternatives.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
So you do not think a full size truck will work will do it without some damage?
Come on Marty...Take the truck where you want...I have taken mine through some very scary spots. If it gets dented or scratched, then you have another project...Consider the them battle scars!

My truck 'MISS MEEG' wears her scars well.

Just a 'Redneck' thought.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:20 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
I am not afraid of "Building Character" on my truck. I only care about breaking stuff. I am poor and do not want to do my old trail fix's. I have pinched off more brake lines, duct taped headlights, re beaded tires ect than I care to think about. I am no Pu**y about wrecking stuff though, ask my wife. She seems to think i have ruined everything in her life from her figure to antiques.

P.S. don't tell her I said that

BTW I have e-mailed the DNR and am awaiting a responce on where they think the best option for us would be. But I am with you Mike... Lets just do the Tahuya thing. If you think your rig wont fit or it will get damage you do not want then you can quit and go back. No biggie. Its all about options and fun. I have pushed over 4" trees with my old Ch*v.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:04 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
I'll agree with Ford-Six, Tahuya is an off road park, mainly used for motorcycles, quads and so on. I will do some research about the ORV park there in Montesano. Another good off road place is Lake Cle Elum towards the end of July and August. The water level drops leaving a huge mud hole, also exposing stumps from the trees that were cut down many, many years ago. I guarantee someone will have to be pulled back to solid ground. Camping in this area on the beach, North end was aloud the last I heard, but may have changed.

Quick Reply: Sled pulling?