Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Rotten weekend...

Old 03-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rotten weekend...

I had saturday off to get some things done (outdoor kennel was one - puppy smell is getting to be PEE-YEW!) but saturday morning whatever is going on with the outer muscle in both my forearms flamed up like it was rocket powered...

Sports Cream helps a lot, but it sho sucks when it hurts to pull the top off of a naproxen bottle.

Then my neighbors had a lot of scrub they were about to call someone to haul away (they figured aroung $200 for the job) and I got involved in it.

Look here, this is the country - we burn things like that...

But they said they couldn't get it to burn.

Problem one was they didn't cut things down less than twenty foot long so they couldn't get the fire up into the top of the pile. Problem two was a serious breeze going through the yard, so I grabbed an old section of garage door tin and made a wind break in front of the fire out of it. And I sho nuff showed them folks what a chain saw was for! Four to ten foot lengths, and git some coals goin'...

This worked great, until a log got dropped on it, I tried to shift it (in shorts, remember how warm it was on saturday?) and the dang tin branded my lower leg in two places when it fell over.

I will say this - at a time like that you only have enough time to think "THAT'S HOT! YEP, IT SURE IS..."

So I'm coming away from my good deed for the week with a pair of GT Racing stripes on my leg too. I expect they will be permanent so I can marvel at them and tell lies about it forever! There was blood in the bandages in the morning.

I stood down most all of today, because I thought: "All of THIS HAS HAPPENED, and I need time to heal. There's no point inviting anything else to go wrong."

It is also daylight savings weekend. Dang if I'm going to be late to work over any of this...

Last edited by Greywolf; 03-11-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:01 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You now know about the saying (No good dead goes unpunished.) It was windy to be burning this weekend. I'm up for work too. I can't be late because of DST. Dang I wish they would leave the clocks alone. I'm a farm guy. I know how to get more daylight in my day.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Only way I rightly know to git more daylight into a Farmers day is to take a twelve guage and fire it thu the barn roof...

Old 03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
bigun72
Posting Guru
well i went fishin sunday at the river and didnt even get a bite and there was 4 of us on the boat ...NO BITES AT ALL !!! ... well maybe next time ...we'll have our new pontoon then

Old 03-13-2007, 05:41 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
My great grandfather was a farmer, he refused to mess with his clocks, they had his time, no forward and back, guess he'd leave people with the correct time only certain times of the year. Back then, electricity weren't needed, when it was dark, you slept, daylight, you worked or were up, no probem.
We have a 2 stroke tiller, not the weedeater ones, but has the engine setting over the tines like the big ones, works great, but loud. My wife stepped too close to the muffler after doing her flower garden, branded with it, perfectly layed out, even the bolts. Good thing I had all my bandage materials and medicated patches for skin break downs, no trip to doctor, dealt with this stuff before, healed quick. We always get comments from doctors and nurses for handling stuff like this, but now my ins has made it impossible to get thestuff, they direct me to wound care centers, seems they'd rather pay more for the same care.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
WALGREENS or WALMART.

CURAD non-stick pads work well, just smear them good with triple anti-bio.

The tape only hurts coming off until the hair is gone...
I'm a big boy.

I will not quit!

And I can say this -

My neighbors think well on me. I saved them a lot of hundreds of dollars, and we all drank beer together at the far end. You want some outcome like that...

Build up folks that swear by what you can do.

Last edited by Greywolf; 03-13-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:43 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
When I lived on the farm all our neighbors helped each other. It really helped during hay baling , planting & harvest time. Its great to have good neigbors

Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Yeah - provided they don't ask for beer, money, or rides...

Old 03-14-2007, 08:04 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
They wouldn't be good neighbors if they wanted beer, money or rides.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Point.

But some people are blind until they get stuck too many times.

We prove ourselves out by not only who and how we are, but what we can do when we try. OR what we DON'T do when we should. If in doubt - back up and look at the whole picture.

Search this Thread