Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update-project Eddie Bauer

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 11:17 AM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I already have the exact same set in my 65-I love em too-that's why I bought a second set. I put the ICM on the bronc this morning, it still runs great until it hits op. temp. then it runs like ****. I am very quickly losing patience.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:00 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
I have now determined that it is NOT temp related as I had thought. I don't want to rehash it all here-check out the op. temp post I am discussing in. Just wanted to say that I did the timing chain and water pump and painted them all up like the rest of the motor, it's just a shame that when the ac, ps, alt, and everything went back on you can't see how purty it is under all that. I also got my tires I bought off of e bay, got them mounted up, scrubbed down and freshly polished (I had to get away from the motor work, as tools were starting to fly) and put them on the truck. It was dark when I got done, so maybe some pics tomorrow. You still watchin this thread cje07? When I get these new pics up, it will be some good before/after shots. These tires look awesome. 265/75/16's on 8.75 wide (I think) rims. They measure about 32 in. tall, and fill the wheel wells perfectly. I'll put a 2 in. body lift on it and it should be perfect. Then all I'll have to do (assuming I can make it run right), is finish the body work and paint it. Oh well- I'll get those pics in my gallery tomorrow, I'm sure cj will throw em up for me. He He

Old 05-14-2007, 07:03 AM
cje07
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cfrives3
It was dark when I got done, so maybe some pics tomorrow. You still watchin this thread cje07? When I get these new pics up, it will be some good before/after shots. I'm sure cj will throw em up for me. He He
Watching.....and waiting!!!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:37 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
There you go cj, 4 new pics in the gallery. Do with them what you want. I am going out to burn the rest of the daylight. I'll check back in before I call it a night.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:07 AM
cje07
Elder User

NICE! Need a little lift though to make it look mean!

Last edited by cje07; 05-15-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:09 AM
cje07
Elder User
Old 05-15-2007, 11:09 AM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Yeah-like i said 2 in. for the body and call it good. 2 reasons for this. 1. Our kids (at least 2 of them anyway) are still relatively small, so I don't want it too tall. 2. On a 2 inch body lift, the front grill valance (the painted sheet metal piece under the grillwork) stays under the bumper. The 3 in. body lift puts it above the bumper, and I don't like the look. I don't know about other body styles, but this is true for the 80-86 anyway. My 83 F250 has 2 in the body, and like 6-8 in the suspension. I'm not a fan of body lifts overall, but it'll give you just a little more when you need it for fairly cheap. Besides, I think 2 will make this truck look just perfect ride wise and tire clearance wise. Those tires do rub the raduis arms in an extreme turn, but not very bad. More like barely. Anyway, glad you like it, thanks for throwin those up for me. I really need to learn how to do it, but I'm doin good just to get them up in the gallery. I'm computer retarded! Soon as I make it run right, I'll do the 2 in. and put some more pics up.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:20 AM
cje07
Elder User
the 2" will make it look great! Someday...maybe soon I'll post a thread complete with print screens in regard to how to post pictures. Pictures speak a thousand words!

Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Ok-sorry it has been awhile, but money has gotten tight. The only thing I have done to the EB is rob a driveshaft out of it cause the one in my 85 needs rebuilt. However, I called Jeg's last night and ordered the cam for it. I ordered the Comp cams extreme 4x4 kit. Comes tomorrow, hopefully in by sunday!

Old 06-23-2007, 10:05 AM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Went out and cleaned up the garage a little and moved the EB up there so I can start tearing down for the cam. I had to jump it because it has sat for so long. But at least now I know that the 4 wheel drive is all functional now as I had to remove the rear shaft for the 85. I had not checked it yet because I had to make it run first. The 4 wheel drive was kind of a non issue till I got the motor right, that is the easy part to work on. Anyway, I am gonna go get started. Hey CJ, I know your watchin-your truck sure is lookin good, I haven't posted much but I am watching.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:50 AM
cje07
Elder User
Originally Posted by cfrives3
Went out and cleaned up the garage a little and moved the EB up there so I can start tearing down for the cam. I had to jump it because it has sat for so long. But at least now I know that the 4 wheel drive is all functional now as I had to remove the rear shaft for the 85. I had not checked it yet because I had to make it run first. The 4 wheel drive was kind of a non issue till I got the motor right, that is the easy part to work on. Anyway, I am gonna go get started. Hey CJ, I know your watchin-your truck sure is lookin good, I haven't posted much but I am watching.
The boss man is gone next week so I am hoping to leave work alittle early a couple of days to get some more work done. I may take a 1/2 day next Friday to do get doors off an do some sanding...maybe...just maybe put on some Rust Bullet.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:27 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Well the cam is in. It is only timed by ear as my bulb on my timing light went out. It fired right up and ran great for about 10 min. About the time it got to about 190 degrees, it went to popping/slight miss again. WTF?!?!?! This truck is about to become parts, and I am not joking. The only thing not new from the deck up is the coil and the fuel pump. EVERYTHING IS NEW. Did I mention that I replaced everything? I can't take this anymore. I will pull those fancy new wheels and tires and take it to scrap. That is how tired of this I am. Anyway, sorry for the rant, But I thought the cam and lifters would cure it for sure. I am open to any ideas. Help me out here, even though I feel we've already been through this. No, it's not the old 302 firing order, I checked that. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:12 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Ok-I had my friend with the pro street car come over and give me a hand. He has a timing light with a bulb that isn't burnt out. Anyway, we pulled the distributor out and redropped it several times till we were absolutely POSITIVE that it is the right spot, not a tooth or 180 out. After double checking all the vacuum lines, and some tweeking on the carb, we got it to run the best it has yet. Now it still wants to start this cutting out and run rough crap (still), but now it'll start acting up at about 3500 rpm. Here's the weird thing. It is running best at 18 degrees BTDC, not the 10 it is supposed to be at. The cam is mild, no other parts needed other than the cam and lifters. My friend seems to think it might be overfueling, and wants to tear into the edelbrock carb (freshly rebuilt) tomorrow and see. Again- the only things that have not been replaced are the coil and the fuel pump. Thought that little bit of info might help if anyone is still reading this thread.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:04 AM
cje07
Elder User
C- I'm not saying it is the coil...but are'nt they pretty cheap? Are there Fule Pressure Regulators on Carbed engines? How much would a new fuel pump cost? Just throwing soime ideas out there. Like I said before...I'm more of a fuel injected guy...

Good luck man...You'll be so happy when you figure this issue out!

Old 06-26-2007, 06:38 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
There is not a fuel pressure regulator to my knowledge. I just hate to go buy more parts as I have bought so much to no avail. I know the coil and fuel pump together would probably be less than $100, but this thing pretty much has me broke. I think I have another coil I may try, but not today. I just worked 11.5 hours with a pounding headache. Maybe tomorrow night.

Quick Reply: Update-project Eddie Bauer