N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Wheres The Mud?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 04:54 AM
mustanginca
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheres The Mud?????

I Live In San Joaquin Valley And Can't Seem To Find Any Mud Well Leagally. I Know It Hasn't Been Raining Lately But When It Is. I Have To Go To Mariposa Which Is Only An Hour But About $80 In Gas When All Is Said And Done. Anybody Have Any Spots? It's Not Fair Back East Has All The Mud.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
North or South valley? How far are you from Clear Creek? Near Coalinga. Lots of good wheeling there.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:50 PM
mustanginca
Senior User
stockton/modesto does that help? I have heard of colinga i just don't know how far it is. I will have to check it out thanks.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:32 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
There is an off-road park near the river east of Modesto - I have driven by but never stopped in. It is in a wet area.

If you are new to the west there are two things you need to be aware off - the bottomless sugar sand in the dry riverbeds, and quicksand. Spin a wheel once and you are stuck in sugar sand - mud tread just makes it worse.

Quicksand looks damp and like it will support you, but is mostly trapped air and will quickly suck you in. It is not likely dangerous, but does make for big tow bills.

Why haven't you joined our group?

Old 03-13-2007, 01:36 AM
mustanginca
Senior User
I've been looking for a group it's mostly jeep rigs around here I've been looking for a club i fit in with my fullsize. I'll check out that river thing thanks. I'll check out the club too!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:33 PM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think he's talking about LaGrange Offroad Park. That has rocks, and I think a creek going thru it like Carnegie does. Creeks make mud. There's still some wet farmer fields in the area.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:02 PM
mustanginca
Senior User
Is that off of dogtown road cause that's where i go to get dirty but it's about 70 miles and you can't get to the river in a full size rig well you probably can but i wasn't brave enough to do the last hairpin turns down the side of the mountain.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:02 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
OK, guys, Mustang has joined the group - now chip in and find some mud he can play in. There has to be some between Lodi and Sacromento, or even in the Delta. You local guys should be able to point some out!

Remember that we will need some to test the project truck out in - I would hate to take it to Nevada having never checked that everything worked as we thought!

Old 03-15-2007, 10:07 PM
mustanginca
Senior User
Thanks for letting me in and i can't wait to find some mud except for the fact i blew another carrier bearing in a matter of 2-3 weeks. Not cool.