Sponsored by:

Stealth (mostly) Stereo System

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 04:59 PM
TheGreep
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had said I would post pics when I got them of my stereo setup. I have mounted both amps in the center console, as well as a distribution block, crossover, and passive crossovers for the tweets. I wish I had taken some pictures when I had it all apart, but I will next time I take it apart. There are 6.5's front and rear, in the rear I had to cut into the sides of the truck, then seal between the two panels, expanding foam does a good job with this. Eventually I am considering trying 8" subs in the sides, maybe I can get Matt to do that first. . . The front holes needed to be expanded too. I used a rotozip for both the front and rear, a sawsall might have been easier in retrospect. The box needed to be easily removable, so I added quick disconnects to the side panels so I could just pull and roll. With the sub box out the only thing you can see from the outside of the truck that doesn't look stock is the deck.
check it out at:

[link:URL|http://aries.ccicom.com/truck]

1992 Bronco Eddie Bauer: K&N, Magnaflow Exhaust, too much money in stereo equipment, 33X12.50 tires on stock suspension

Old 08-20-2002, 07:12 AM
CityBronco
Senior User

I like the rear speaker terminal you put in the back, I'm gonna have to do that mod on my bronco. Right now my sub box wires are just running from under the panel in the rear. Ive seen quite a few people use the center console for amps, eq's and crossover's, but I need my console space for various junk. I had a kenwood changer mounted vertically and still had quite a bit of room for various stuff around it in my console. I will eventually put another changer in there again to complement my Head Unit.

Old 08-20-2002, 10:24 AM
tothfngclw
Senior User

What did you do for cooling in the console. Any problems with it heating up?

Old 08-20-2002, 10:54 AM
scootin
Senior User

Nice. you say you replaced your Clarion w. the Pioneer. Still have the Clarion deck? Might be interested if still avail.??

Old 08-20-2002, 11:30 AM
TheGreep
Junior User

Answering a couple questions. . .

I put a squirrel cage fan at the back of the console, blowing twards the passenger seat. I only run this fan in the summer, or when I am pushing the amps really hard. the fan is on a relay that comes on with the system, I'll get some pictures and post them up on my page.

I do still have the clarion. I do not have the proper remote for it (it was kicked out some time ago), but I have a remote from a clarion 7770 that works with the deck. E-mail me and we'll talk.

1992 Bronco Eddie Bauer: K&N, Magnaflow Exhaust, too much money in stereo equipment, 33X12.50 tires on stock suspension

Old 08-20-2002, 04:30 PM
Skyking
Senior User

That looks great! I'd have done the same thing with the console, but I need to stuff my crap in there. I think I'll install one of those sub connections on the box I made - that's a great idea!

Old 09-05-2002, 09:45 AM
TheGreep
Junior User

I added some of my new exteroir pictures with the push bar I got from Paul, and the new rims I just had put on.

1992 Bronco Eddie Bauer: K&N, Magnaflow Exhaust, too much money in stereo equipment, 33X12.50 tires on stock suspension. Check it out: [link:aries.ccicom.com/truck|My Fat Truck (Updated)]
2001 Grand Prix GTP with minor suspention and intake mods
1984 Honda Interceptor 700 almost 20 and still kicking!

Old 09-05-2002, 10:52 AM
8996EBBroncos
Elder User

Does that push bar mount to the chasis only? I've been thinking about getting one, but it seems most also bolt to the bumber. I don't want to one if I gotta connect it to the bumper.

Old 09-05-2002, 11:27 AM
RAzaRazor
Junior User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-Sep-02 AT 12:29 PM (EST)]That particular one just mounts to the bumper. It's actually very sturdy. It is connected by 4 bolts drilled though the bumper.

Shawn and I just traded bumpers with each other, so it was very easy. The hard part was getting the valence off my bumper without destryoing it. (It rubbed on his bigger tires.) I guess much time was spent with a dremel tool trying to remove the rivets holding the thing on.

It all worked out OK in the end. I'm happy!

Old 09-05-2002, 04:47 PM
TheGreep
Junior User

I've seen some that replace the whole bumper, and have a push bar built onto them, but I don't know how costly they are, and they have a little too "Industrial" style for me.

1992 Bronco Eddie Bauer: K&N, Magnaflow Exhaust, too much money in stereo equipment, 33X12.50 tires on stock suspension. Check it out: [link:aries.ccicom.com/truck|My Fat Truck (Updated)]
2001 Grand Prix GTP with minor suspension and intake mods
1984 Honda Interceptor 700 almost 20 and still kicking!

Old 09-05-2002, 10:29 PM
MoabTamer
Freshman User