Rubber fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Tom D
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rubber fuel lines

Before I start runnung BD through my 93 F250, do I need to change ALL my rubber fuel lines to vitron or is that only on older diesels. If so, I suppose that also means the fuel lines fron the tank, next to the lift pump, and all return lines at the injectors.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:48 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom D
Before I start running BD through my 93 F250, do I need to change ALL my rubber fuel lines to vitron or is that only on older diesels. If so, I suppose that also means the fuel lines fron the tank, next to the lift pump, and all return lines at the injectors.
I still haven't gotten a definitive statement from my local Ford dealer on the date that ford changed to synthetic fuel lines, but my son's 1990 7.3 has been running B-80 all winter with no softening of the fuel lines yet. The "90" Dodge Cummins on the ranch has been running B-100, and B-80 for over 3 years with no problems yet also.

I don't think you'll have to change your "93" at all.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:11 PM
AndysFords
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 88 doesn't have a rubber line on it, except for where I patched the plastic with rubber, and the return lines, but somewhere it said its ok on return lines b/c they are not under pressure.