Sponsored by:

Ford Service Manual CD's

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 01:08 PM
CityBronco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Service Manual CD's

Has anyone used the Ford Service Center Manual CD's that can be found on ebay? The Haynes Bronco repair book is not 100% comprehensive which is really lame if you ask me since it states on the box, a complete tear down and rebuild of the vehicle. Just wondering if anyone has used these cd's found on ebay and if they are really worth it and how extensive they are. The auctions suppossedly say its the same computer manuals service center techs use to repair vehicles.

Old 06-18-2002, 05:56 PM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Ford Service Manual CD's

Yes, I got one on ebay. The manual is complete, but the pictures are rather crude black and white drawings. They assume that you already know the basics. After all, it is written for dealer mechanics.
Haynes manuals are terrible. Chilton are a little better.

Pick your ebay vendor carefully. Read the feedback before ordering. I had to place formal complaints with ebay and paypal to get him to ship. He had my money for over a month. I paid $18, including postage.

Jim

Old 06-18-2002, 06:18 PM
adelyser
Elder User
Ford Service Manual CD's

I have the CD manuals for both of my Ford's, and I really like them. I don't use my Haynes or Chilton's much anymore. I agree, beware of the seller. Most are selling CD-R copies, so I make sure they are originals before I buy. I think each of mine went for around $30 after shipping and all. Very well worth it.

Old 06-20-2002, 11:36 AM
Oldfordtech
Junior User
Ford Service Manual CD's

I have 100's of ford cd's since I work at a dealer and have kept all the old ones when we get updates. They copy fine. One thing to watch for is the revision number. Some of these cd's are up to #22 and if you buy one that is revision 1 or 3 you may not have up to date info or one with errors. I would still use one but keep that in the back of your mind. All other cd's are stand alone but if you install more than one year the program will show the years you have and ask for the disc for what year you ask for. Norm.

Old 06-20-2002, 11:48 AM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Ford Service Manual CD's

oldfordtech
where can you get the cd's new? i have five different year fords plus allmy friends stuff i work on.

BROKEBRONCO

Old 06-22-2002, 09:48 PM
Oldfordtech
Junior User
Ford Service Manual CD's

The cd's only go back to 1992 and now Ford has gone to dvd. I still have all the old ones. Its nice having 2 dvd'd covering all the years that took over 20 cd's. Us techs think the cd's are better, the dvd's are still suffering growing pains on their method of showing info.

Old 11-09-2002, 08:30 PM
BusterJoh
New User
Ford Service Manual CD's

I got my CD from www.ez-emall.com. The version number was the latest release before the DVD's came out. It was $9 total with shipping and everything. That's a lot cheaper than they're selling 'em on ebay. The auctions rape you with $3-$4 or more shipping and handling. They must have shipped pretty quick cause I got it in just a few days regular mail. I think you can pay extra for priority shipping if you want.

Old 11-09-2002, 09:06 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Ford Service Manual CD's

On FTE here we like to encourage people to purchase the CDRoms from OUR online store to help support this free web site service.
These CdRoms are Ford Original Shop manulas which includes Wiring diagrams & the Original Brochure.
They sell for $49.95
motorhaven.autoanything.com

[font color=red]Dennis

FTE Assistant Administrator
[/font]

[link:www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html|Club FTE]

[link: motorhaven.autoanything.com|How YOU Can Support This Site]

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/canada_flag_animated.gif

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

Old 11-10-2002, 06:10 PM
edenroadmaster
Senior User
Ford Service Manual CD's

Old 11-11-2002, 10:01 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Ford Service Manual CD's

Dennis,

I agree with you. I would love to buy from this site. However, I guess due to copyright restrictions and/or the deal Ford has with Helm, FTE does not offer anything late-model, forcing many of us to go elsewhere.

Jim