Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Online International Store?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:27 PM
John311t
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Online International Store?

Does anyone know of a place to buy international parts on the net? I need to order the kit to fix my oil pan leak and when i called, they said it was an oil dipstick adapter and it was 58$. Just wondering if i can find a better price because for 58, i could use a lot of silcone to cover up that entire flange.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:47 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
I've been looking for the same thing to buy my filters from instead of having to try to find an IH dealer close and paying double shipping.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:49 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 202 Likes on 108 Posts
You can get the filters from Fleetfilter.com

Old 02-12-2007, 01:54 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Sorry. Those aren't motorcraft or IH filters and won't work in a 6.0L ford. The fuel filters don't fit properly and break the standpipe in the secondary filter housing and the primary filter doesn't have the water barrier membrane and will allow water into your injectors. The oil filters don't fit properly in the housing causing a bypass condition which can lead to motor damage. Only IH, Ford, or Motorcraft filters in my Ford, but thanks anyways.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:28 PM
ponch37300
Elder User
I don't know about an ih dealer but for oem ford and motorcraft parts i go threw http://www.discountfordpartsaty2kford.com/His name is Ed and he has amazing customer service and great prices. I personally would pay 58 bucks to do the job right. Our oil pans aren't something to take lightly since the whole motor has to come out to replace it, which costs alot more than 58 bucks.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ponch37300
I don't know about an ih dealer but for oem ford and motorcraft parts i go threw http://www.discountfordpartsaty2kford.com/His name is Ed and he has amazing customer service and great prices. I personally would pay 58 bucks to do the job right. Our oil pans aren't something to take lightly since the whole motor has to come out to replace it, which costs alot more than 58 bucks.

amen brother!

Ed

Old 02-12-2007, 04:10 PM
clintbonnie
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
Sorry. Those aren't motorcraft or IH filters and won't work in a 6.0L ford. The fuel filters don't fit properly and break the standpipe in the secondary filter housing and the primary filter doesn't have the water barrier membrane and will allow water into your injectors. The oil filters don't fit properly in the housing causing a bypass condition which can lead to motor damage. Only IH, Ford, or Motorcraft filters in my Ford, but thanks anyways.
Don't be sorry.. It would be better though to post in the 6.0 forum for filter questions... this is the 7.3 forum..

Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 PM
John311t
Postmaster
Y2k ford parts, can you get IH parts? Im just afraid that i order that part and its the wrong one and i look stupid when i return it. I called there and told them what i was looking for and they said there is no kit to fix the pan leak, the motor must come out. I call back 3 days later and they can get it, but i want to be sure before i order it because he called it an adapter.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:21 AM
ponch37300
Elder User
John, is it leaking around the pan seal or from the dip stick tube? I remember reading a thread about a kit to fix the dip stick tube leak. Try doing a search it was about two months ago on here. Also try calling the ford dealer and see if they know what you need. They might be able to help you identify the kit part number you need and then you can order it somewhere else. You can also go to y2k's web page from the link i sent you and there is a link to contact them and he will get back to you very shortly from my experience with him. If it is the oil pan seal then from what i read the engine has to come out, if the oil pan is rusting threw(comin on our trucks) alot of guys use por-15 to seal it up.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by John311t
Y2k ford parts, can you get IH parts? Im just afraid that i order that part and its the wrong one and i look stupid when i return it. I called there and told them what i was looking for and they said there is no kit to fix the pan leak, the motor must come out. I call back 3 days later and they can get it, but i want to be sure before i order it because he called it an adapter.

Just visit my web page, go to catalog, look for contact us link send me a note what you are in need of and vin number. I'll send you back the links for the parts you want.we are a Ford Dealership so if it is on your Ford truck then I can get it.

Ed

Old 02-13-2007, 10:01 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Originally Posted by clintbonnie
Don't be sorry.. It would be better though to post in the 6.0 forum for filter questions... this is the 7.3 forum..
It wasn't about filter questions per say, it was about IH parts online. I was only responding to the fleetfilter thing, but thanks for your help.