Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Quick help in Denver!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:34 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Quick help in Denver!!

Well yesterday ripping everything out of my truck again, something goes wrong. I stripped the very last bolt on the EBPV cover that bolts up to the turbine housing on the turbo. Now I can't get it off. Is there anyone in the Denver area who can get this out for me? I'll buy you beer/lunch/whatever.

Anyone?

Old 02-06-2007, 07:12 AM
DISLFVR
Locomotive breath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, I know where your coming from. I 'm not in the Denver area but try this, use a Dremel tool with a cut off wheel and cut a slot on top of the bolt head for a screwdriver or a hacksaw blade to cut with, use lots of penitrating oil and let it soak a couple hours.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Also another trick that works well is to heat the bolt up. It will expand (lengthen) because of the heat and release it's tension at the base of the head. It will become finger tight for a couple of seconds. Take that window of opportunity to turn the bolt with a pair of pliers.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Or you can cut the head of the bolt off, remove the part that it is bolted to and then remove the stud. We do that a lot with well caps at work and it works well.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The only problem is at the moment I'm very limited on hand tools. So I basically have nothing to cut with or heat. The only cutting tools I have are way too large for this job.

Anyway, it looks like I may be able to take it to someone local and have them extract the bolt for me.

Now if I don't screw up anything else, I'll be ok.