General Automotive Discussion

Ford in $ trouble!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ford in $ trouble!!!

On the news tonight I saw that Ford announced losses of over $12 billion! Maybe they will cut some of the poorer selling cars and concentrate on the F-Series, which has always been the big seller. I bet soon there will be deals like never before! But I have confidence that they will pull out of this..........

Old 01-25-2007, 08:29 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would hope so as Ford is an Icon in Automotive technology. I could live with Dodge going the way of the Stud or Hudson. But without Ford there would be no reason to go on. I would have to drive a Toyota as GM ain't got it either. At least for me. But an old Nomad still gives me quivers.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:27 PM
icemantr5
New User
Guy at work told me he read or heard that Toyota was interested in teaming up. Dont know if he made it up or what but i havent heard this.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:39 PM
qadsan
Freshman User
Here's a couple interesting articles on this topic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/25/bu...5cnd-ford.html
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...4/ai_n16801572

And here's an article on where Ford is investing their money when it comes to building the new F-150...
http://www.manufacturing.net/article/CA6405835.html

Old 01-26-2007, 06:45 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What happend to the Henry Ford gene pool? With the exception of Edsel Ford Wasn't The Mr Fords that followed doing ok? They all die off or move to Cancun?

Old 01-26-2007, 11:23 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Guy's, your starting to sound like chicken little running around yelling, "the sky is falling". Ford has been saying for over a year now that they expect record looses due to restruturing, it's not a surprise. Ford out sold chevy and toyota in 06, it's not like thier not selling cars. Thier trying to become a meaner, leaner company. They don't expect to be in the black untill 09. They don't need to cut out any lines of thier current offerings, you can't afford to give market shares to other companies. What will save ford is quality and product. Were getting a new focus and escape next year, also a more powerfull super duty with a redesign. A diesel powered f-150, a new ranger for 09, a bronco. Truck Trend reports that ford decided to go with a diesel in the 150 instead of the huricane, but the huricane will be showing up in the mustang. The fusion is a success story in it's self. Mazda, land rover and volvo are all in the black, still working on jag. Ford will be a leaner, meaner company if they build quality and exciting vehicles. This is a time of transition, but it's also exciting with the vehicles yet to come. Ford and GM were both just to big with alot of pork barrel, they need to slim down a tad.