Notices
1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Doorlock and Window Switch Lights

Old 01-17-2007, 06:41 PM
kkester
Junior User
kkester is starting off with a positive reputation.
Doorlock and Window Switch Lights

Last spring, I noticed that the illuminated window and door lock switches were no longer lit on the front passenger door armrest on my 2005 Expedition EB. The dealer told me that he had to replace a switch--it solved the problem. Tonight, I notice that only the door lock switch is lit on the front passenger door armrest and neither rear window switches (driver's side and passenger side) are lit. Does this seem strange?

Kent Kester

Old 01-17-2007, 07:38 PM
FTE Herman
FTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputation
It sounds like bulbs to me.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:43 PM
kkester
Junior User
Is this an easy fix for the dealer?

Old 01-17-2007, 09:01 PM
FTE Herman
FTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputation
It's an easy fix for you. (I think) you just pry up the panel that contains the switches.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:53 AM
shov76
Senior User
shov76 is starting off with a positive reputation.
easy access to the switches but there are no replaceable bulbs that I saw. Just small LEDs. If I overlooked them point me in the right direction. Mine are out for some switches also

Old 01-18-2007, 05:35 AM
kkester
Junior User
So if the lights are LED's integrated with the switches, it looks like the switches themselves will need to be replaced--correct?

Old 01-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Randy B
Junior User
Randy B is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes!

Originally Posted by kkester
So if the lights are LED's integrated with the switches, it looks like the switches themselves will need to be replaced--correct?
Correct Correct!

Old 01-18-2007, 07:51 PM
kkester
Junior User
Thanks--good that this is all happening while the vehicle is still under warranty.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Randy B
Junior User
Randy B is starting off with a positive reputation.
Esp

Originally Posted by kkester
Thanks--good that this is all happening while the vehicle is still under warranty.
The Ford Warranty's are well worth their money. I have never lost when buying one.

Randy B

Old 01-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Ferro_equine
New User
Ferro_equine is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've got a couple like this also in my recently purchased 2004 EB. Driver's side, both front window window buttons and the doorlocks.

Are the memory seat buttons and rear window lock-out also supposed to light up?

Can anyone tell me if it is easy to replace the switches myself? How does one get the arm rest cover off?

Or would all this be covered under the Ford ESP that we purchased?

TIA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.