Sponsored by:

Roll Bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Sarahs85Bronco
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Roll Bars

I want to have roll bars under the cover on the bed of the truck.. Is that possible and if so do you know where I can look to see pricing and style?

Old 01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You meen like a roll bar that fits under say a taunue cover? and not one that is level with the cab? If I have it right then I have never seen one cause it would not work as a roll bar and just be for decoration which most show bars for those trucks are anyway.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:26 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BroncoRoadKill
You meen like a roll bar that fits under say a taunue cover? and not one that is level with the cab? If I have it right then I have never seen one cause it would not work as a roll bar and just be for decoration which most show bars for those trucks are anyway.
its for her bronco dude, so she wants it to be hidden under the removable top of the bronco, i dont know where to fined them though

Old 01-16-2007, 06:37 PM
94 XLT White/ Silver 302
Elder User
Is this the type of roll bar your looking for? If so check with Jeff's Bronco Gravyard.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Sarahs85Bronco
Senior User
Talking

Thats what I want!!! Yeah Thank you!! How much did yours cost?

Old 01-18-2007, 07:57 PM
94 XLT White/ Silver 302
Elder User
My roll bar is one that Ford offered as an option in the early 80's Bronco called a GT Bar. I bought mine off ebay for about $100.00. They show up on ebay fairly often. Don't buy a roll bar from a 78-79 Bronco the floor pan is different making the top of the roll bar to low.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
honestly that bar will give little to no protection. go to a few fab shops and get prices on a roll bar build. to give proper protection a roll bar needs to be tied into the frame in some way. my superford page shows my roll at 30mph in the snow. you will notice that a roll bar like shown above would have done nothing for the cab.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/2...rolled-005.jpg

Old 01-19-2007, 11:38 AM
poffutt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kemical...its for his girl. What she wants...she gets. I'm sure she don't plan on rolling it....but it will make her happy! That's what all guys want ) for the girl to be happy.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Sarahs85Bronco
Senior User
Talking

Originally Posted by poffutt
Kemical...its for his girl. What she wants...she gets. I'm sure she don't plan on rolling it....but it will make her happy! That's what all guys want ) for the girl to be happy.

I dont get what your trying to say here? I am a girl and its MY truck and I drive it. And I might flip it and i want to make sure I dont total my truck. Yes It looks cute too BUT THATS NOT THE POINT. And thats cute "what all guys want" I have a sister for you to meet..she needs a nice guy.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:33 PM
94 XLT White/ Silver 302
Elder User
Originally Posted by Kemicalburns
honestly that bar will give little to no protection. go to a few fab shops and get prices on a roll bar build. to give proper protection a roll bar needs to be tied into the frame in some way. my superford page shows my roll at 30mph in the snow. you will notice that a roll bar like shown above would have done nothing for the cab.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/2...rolled-005.jpg
I disagree, I have a friend that flipped a 1969 Shelby Mustang with a factory roll bar, the windshield posts crushed, but the roll bar never moved, and that bar doesn't have support bars, just the bar. I agree it's not as good as a roll cage, but it's sure better than nothing. I hope mine never gets tested.

Last edited by 94 XLT White/ Silver 302; 01-19-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:48 PM
danielzink
Junior User
Just got a quote from these folks.

http://members.aol.com/sterlingeq/bar97.htm

Here's the reply I got from them.

Top Photo – 1992 Bronco and leg setting. Bottom Photo – 1988 Bronco and leg setting. Bottom photo is the Part# 809B – 2" tubing. The overall height of the main hoop is now set for extending up into the fiberglass top. This unit is designed as a three-piece construction: Solid main hoop with leg sleeves, loose legs (allows for installation without removing top.) A one-piece version is available, however the top must be removed for installation.

Top and Bottom Photo – 1988 Bronco. This is the 309B – 3" tubing. This unit is also designed as a three-piece construction: Solid main hoop with leg sleeves, loose legs (allows for installation without removing top.) In this case, however, the customer opted for the one-piece construction which required removal on the top for installation.

2" Tube – 3-piece construction : Part# 809B @ $300.00 + Freight to 48892 residential delivery @ $134.50 [Due to its size, this product will be shipped via Motor Freight LTL through Estes Express Lines <http://www.estes-express.com/> . Freight cost quoted for a residential address delivery (for a commercial business address delivery, subtract -$36.00 from the quoted freight cost). NFMC Freight Class 100 @ 100 Lbs for product and packaging. All products FOB Umatilla, Florida 32784.]

=$434.50 Total Residential Address Delivery / $398.00 Total Commercial Address Delivery

2" Tube – 1-piece construction : Part# 809B – one-piece @ $300.00 + Freight to 48892 residential delivery @ $205.75 [Due to its size, this product will be shipped via Motor Freight LTL through Estes Express Lines <http://www.estes-express.com/> . Freight cost quoted for a residential address delivery (for a commercial business address delivery, subtract -$36.00 from the quoted freight cost). NFMC Freight Class 150 @ 150 Lbs for product, packaging, and shipping pallet. All products FOB Umatilla, Florida 32784.]

=$505.75 Total Residential Address Delivery / $469.75 Total Commercial Address Delivery

3" Tube – 3-piece construction : Part# 309B @ $330.00 + Freight to 48892 residential delivery @ $146.50 [Due to its size, this product will be shipped via Motor Freight LTL through Estes Express Lines <http://www.estes-express.com/> . Freight cost quoted for a residential address delivery (for a commercial business address delivery, subtract -$36.00 from the quoted freight cost). NFMC Freight Class 100 @ 130 Lbs for product and packaging. All products FOB Umatilla, Florida 32784.]

=$476.50 Total Residential Address Delivery / $440.50 Total Commercial Address Delivery

3" Tube – 1-piece construction : Part# 309B – one-piece @ $330.00 + Freight to 48892 residential delivery @ $250.50 [Due to its size, this product will be shipped via Motor Freight LTL through Estes Express Lines <http://www.estes-express.com/> . Freight cost quoted for a residential address delivery (for a commercial business address delivery, subtract -$36.00 from the quoted freight cost). NFMC Freight Class 150 @ 180 Lbs for product, packaging, and shipping pallet. All products FOB Umatilla, Florida 32784.]

=$580.50 Total Residential Address Delivery / $544.50 Total Commercial Address Delivery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3" and 2" Interior Bars

THESE PRODUCTS ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR NOR

INTENDED FOR ROLLOVER PROTECTION.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
- All Sport Bars are constructed to order for Specific Vehicle - NO UNIVERSAL APPLICATIONS
- 3"OD x .095" Wall Mild Steel Tubing - Mandrel Bent

- 2" OD x .120" Wall Mild Steel Tubing – Mandrel Bent
- 3/16" Mild Steel Mounting Foot Plates
- Fully GMAW (MIG Welded) One-Piece Construction (Except Where Noted)

- Semi-Gloss Black Powder Coated Finish (Sorry, NO CHROME/STAINLESS/ALUMINUM)

- 3/8" Installation Hardware, Grade 5 Hex Bolt Assemblies

I myself think I'll be getting the 3" solid bar - as I also want a soft top when they go back into production so I've got no rpoblem pulling the top off.

Dan

Old 01-21-2007, 05:00 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BroncoRoadKill
Oops yer right must have had a brain fart and had pickups on my mind at the time.
What everyone else said.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
those prices are crazy expensive for that alone. look up justshootme on here he just completed a rollcage build using these guys http://swracecars.com/app_listing.asp#fordtruck

Old 01-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sarahs85Bronco
I dont get what your trying to say here? I am a girl and its MY truck and I drive it. And I might flip it and i want to make sure I dont total my truck. Yes It looks cute too BUT THATS NOT THE POINT. And thats cute "what all guys want" I have a sister for you to meet..she needs a nice guy.

Thats funny right there Proffutt.

You go girl,

Old 01-23-2007, 08:29 AM
poffutt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kemicalburns
Thats funny right there Proffutt.

You go girl,
I guess I should of known by the pink type font. OK open mouth and insert foot. Sorry Sarahs85Bronco One of the other post for some reason made me think you were a guy asking about rollbars for his girlfriend.

Quick Reply: Roll Bars