Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Just My Luck

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 08:50 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just My Luck

Sat. morning I beat a kid in a chevy 2500 dura on 840 E only to be rearended by another kid on 40 E driving a F 150(oddly enough I was actually obeying the speed laws there, actually going a little less then 55 whereis the speed is 55(right after the 2nd Ave. exit)). Life's little ironies. Although I'm not really looking forward to that 1 month with being without my truck though. That is really going to suck.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:24 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
That was your fault,you DON'T do the speedlimit on the interstate and go lower at your own risk, as you now can see. They run me over doing 65 in a 55, getting on from a ramp usually requires 90, I hate the city.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:00 PM
hott-rodd
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least make the insurance company get you full size truck while you wait.
I've had to do it twice.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:26 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by maples01
That was your fault,you DON'T do the speedlimit on the interstate and go lower at your own risk, as you now can see. They run me over doing 65 in a 55, getting on from a ramp usually requires 90, I hate the city.
Flow of traffic dictated that I had gone that slow, otherwise it would be my insurancing paying for someone else's damages because I plowed thru them. The win of that morning was a different incident then the one at rush hour traffic on 40 going tryin to get onto 24.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:12 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
It's stop and go, gotta love it, 90 to 45 in 15 feet on many occasions, then add the work crews to it. I hit a pothole doing 75 on I-65, was a lane shift putting me inches from the divider and narrow lanes squeezing me in with an 18 wheeler with another barreling down my rear, it was 2 asphalt layers deep, jarred me mercilessly, wound up busting my ball joint. Like I said, I hate the city, it'll never be finished and laws are a mere suggestion, beware pulling off to the side of the interstate, the move over law will never be followed. I find they won't let you over, and when there is an opening, no one is concerned with moving over, millions spent on the warnings to move over, yet no one follows them, gotta laugh when you see city vehicles violating it.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:02 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
you know, i grew up in the city and people here, where there are less vehicle safety laws(when I first moved up here, y'all didnt have a seatbelt law(of course to the fast majority y'all still don't), where I grew up with it and just figured it was status qou every where) actually follow the rules less and in general show a lack of respect towards trucks, even just 350 or equilivant pickups hauling various types of trailers, whereis back home, people are a little bit better( I don't know if it is just coincidence or their are more people coming from different areas that have brought their past behavior down here with them.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:55 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
My van looks commercial, was at one time, but you can't just blame the cars, truckers are equal to blame, they get far to close trying to bully their way through, always have, but the owners of sports cars have a death wish. The little cars weave in and out of traffic, now thanks to the diesel tuner market, the diesel pickup trucks are picking up the same traits, but will also run up on you, flashing lights and tail gating trying to bully through traffic. I don't care what you drive, you can get seriously injured or killed, not to forget road rage, push the right person and you can get shot.
Make sure you don't have any frame damage, it's not always obvious, and be careful out there.
Dad worked in Nashville at BellSouth for 10 years, he has seen some insane stuff on the interstate, anything from getting dressed driving 20 MPH over the posted limit to leaned over the steering wheel in a pickup doing the same speed eating a bowl of cerial that's resting on the dash. Those guys had a pole on the craziest thing seen during the week, accidents weren't really an accident out there from what I've heard, they worked hard to make it happen.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:56 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its the same in all big cities. I drive the tri state area around Memphis. People just don't follow the traffic laws anymore. I drive my company van the speed limit all the time. It sure makes some people mad though. I don't care because I need a clean driving record for my job.