Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Multiple EGT gauges/ boost cooler

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:22 AM
dzzavid
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Multiple EGT gauges/ boost cooler

i currently have an EGT gauge installed in my exhaust manifold, i am in the process of planning my install of the snow performance stage 3 boost cooler

i have 2 basic questions.

1) will multiple EGT gauges cause turbulance and lower performance?

2) shoudl i run water injection through the intercooler? if not which side is the air that is going into the intake after it has been intercooled?

99.5 f250 7.3

thank you
-dave

Old 01-04-2007, 10:30 AM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Run your water injection after the IC, you can drill and tap the IC tubes or the Y pipe. I did the Y pipe. You will not hurt anything with a second pyro, you could always install it on the pass side too.

Did I talk to you about the cooling mist stage 3 kit? Much nicer looking then the snows? www.coolingmist.com

There kit looks alot cleaner and you get the PDA... Just a FYI... There is nothing wrong with the snows kit, I just dont like the look of that box...

Old 01-04-2007, 10:33 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

multiply gauge should not cause any issue. they take up very little room in the exhasut system. also I would run the water post intercooler. I would be concern about the water condensing in the IC from the temp drop. I have no experience with water injection so my comments are just from what I THINK would be right.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:39 AM
dzzavid
Senior User
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
Run your water injection after the IC, you can drill and tap the IC tubes or the Y pipe. I did the Y pipe. You will not hurt anything with a second pyro, you could always install it on the pass side too.

Did I talk to you about the cooling mist stage 3 kit? Much nicer looking then the snows? www.coolingmist.com

There kit looks alot cleaner and you get the PDA... Just a FYI... There is nothing wrong with the snows kit, I just dont like the look of that box...
thank you,

and yes i belive you did, i dont liek the look of the box either , that is why i am keeping my gauge pod heh, i am going to see how much better performance i get out of water injection if it is a lot then i will sell my kit and upgrade to the cooling mist

thanks again!

Old 01-04-2007, 11:39 AM
dzzavid
Senior User
Originally Posted by tjbeggs
multiply gauge should not cause any issue. they take up very little room in the exhasut system. also I would run the water post intercooler. I would be concern about the water condensing in the IC from the temp drop. I have no experience with water injection so my comments are just from what I THINK would be right.
that is what i thought as well, thanks you for the advice

Old 01-04-2007, 11:45 AM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
If you need any install help feel free to PM me!

Old 03-10-2007, 02:01 PM
dzzavid
Senior User
Can i run two gauges on one pryo sensor?

Old 03-11-2007, 12:00 AM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
I dont know... they work like a volts gauge so too much draw on one might make both read too low???

Old 03-11-2007, 12:03 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Install the jet in the passenger side intercooler pipe, or remove the compressor manifold and install it in the neck that attaches to the passenger IC pipe.