Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

New member wreckhaul

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
New member wreckhaul

A big welcome to Rick from BC and possibly moving to Saskatchewan soon.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:48 PM
FirstTry
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
howdy rick, from Joe, living in BC, staying in BC

Old 12-29-2006, 12:56 PM
wreckhaul
Elder User
Hey Thanks Morris,

I will be heading out to Saskatchewan...just not exactly sure on a date yet.

All I ever hear from people out here is how cold it is there, well yesterday my thermometer on the back deck said -14, i looked at temp in saskatoon and it was only -5... we had a couple days here when it hit -30

IMO Saskatchewan just seems right for me, before we bought the house we are in now, in clearwater BC... i had looked at houses in SK, but it just seemed like such a big leap instead of baby steps
I did add alot of value to this place without spending alot of money on it, so it worked out okay... but its been a looong couple of years... I have worked fulltime+ ever since high school... now i am a stay at home daddy while mommy works... probably one of the reasons why my stay here has been dragging on and on LOL
I can sympathize with the wifey better now when i do get working, but i am a man... so i will forget quickly anyways HAHAHA

thanks for the welcome Morris...

I dont join forums much... but this one feels like something worth belonging to... and the nice people ive come across so far are the reason why...

not many forums around where people are genuinely nice...

Rick

Old 12-29-2006, 12:58 PM
wreckhaul
Elder User
Originally Posted by FirstTry
howdy rick, from Joe, living in BC, staying in BC
Hey Joe...
good to meet ya

Rick

Old 12-29-2006, 01:37 PM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When You do come done PM me or Fomoko and we would most likely be glad to show you around a bit. I'm starting a new job in the new year and will be working Mon-fri-. If you need a realator I have a couple of freinds in that feild that can help you with looking for a home.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Welcome aboard! This was the first forum I ever joined and have only joined one other since (which I don't post on anyway). Fom (Morris) and Pyro (you'll meet him) can keep a guy busy just trying to keep up with their posts. Everyone on here is very helpful and always willing to help find another parts truck for you (or themselves) at the drop of a hat!

Old 12-29-2006, 03:50 PM
effie_man
Postmaster
welcome and ya try keeping up with them on the posts, lol. Great to meet ya.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:59 PM
taisa899
Posting Guru
Welcome!

Jim

Old 12-29-2006, 05:32 PM
wreckhaul
Elder User
fullcrew7.3: I was posting on that yahoo answers forum thing, but its kind of a waste of time... Thanks to all the help fomoko has given, and all the questions he has answered for me in PM's... this has got to be the best forum I know of... it might not be the biggest, the prettiest, or whatever... but so far its the only one I have truly enjoyed... the answers ive been getting have been very helpful... although not many about fords yet LOL...

effie man: I dont think i will have a chance of catching up... to anyones posts...
good to meet you too

JIM (taisa899): Thanks!

Old 12-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Snowking
Post Fiend
Welcome once again there is always someone here willing to listen to you *****. Hope you choose to move to Saskatoon there is a big hub of members in the surronding area.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Welcome to the site im sure you will enjoy it i know i have and i havent been on a year yet im sure you will find a house here in Saskatchewan id have to agree Saskatoon is a very nice city but i hate the traffic and the fast pace of a city its ok but drives you nuts lots of people say that Saskatoon maybe the next Calgary

If that happens ill be getting the hell outta Saskatoon lol Saskatoon has grown a lot and still is Calgary is nice but to big holy moly its huge never been to such a big city in my life

Old 12-30-2006, 10:08 AM
wreckhaul
Elder User
I have been to Calgary, loved their pick-a-part...all you could carry for $20 LOL...

I too dont like feeling like I am in a big rat race... but I was raised in a city of 650,000 ppl, 2 million people if you include all the suburbs around, each of which is like a smaller city, but people call them part of Vancouver... probably just a numbers thing so it sounds bigger LOL

Saskatoon has about the same amount of people as Abbotsford BC, and I also lived there for awhile, a year or so... It didnt feel so big...compared to where i used to live that is...

my wife is from a city of 30,000 ppl... i am from a city of 650,000... only meaning that where we grew up as kids into adults... because i moved when i was 28... now we live in a city of 5000 ppl...and I feel like I am stranded on a deserted island
I miss having neighbors, people walking past the house...
but mostly i just miss having somewhere to work at... no jobs in smaller places...

i think Saskatoon sounds like the perfect size for me and my wife to agree on... that way she gets her country and i get my city... although I only want city in small doses... LOL... thats why i am interested in living close, but not right downtown... i lived right downtown in Vancouver for 28 years... and its amazing i got out alive LOL... my oldest daughter from a previous GF is 18 already... she lives in the big city and I worry about her being okay... I was a big guy and i still got jumped, she is a small girl... but she is really smart...

I do enjoy feeling lost in the crowd...one city i lived in, right after moving from vancouver... if i walked down the street to go to the store i was the only person walking down the street... it felt weird... i like the feeling of walking down the street and getting lost in the crowds... but not all the time everyday LOL... just to go shopping HAHAHA

I guess they call that culture shock... I learnt alot about how other people live in the process... but it was kind of depressing when my wifes family came out to visit we took them for a tour of my old neighborhood and they said they felt like they were at the carnival HAHAHA

Last edited by wreckhaul; 12-30-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Lol haha yeah i prefer the pace of a smaller city like the one im from the population is like 10,000 to 11,000 o call it a small town because thats what it seems to me its not like Saskatoon its nice here but takes like how long to get from what point to another...