Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ATS and turbomaster problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:18 PM
SSGG
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATS and turbomaster problem

Well, it has been a while since I purchased my ATS and turbomaster, but I recently got them installed. Sounds nice and the boost #s are higher but I keep setting codes. One is a wastegate code (can't remember the #) and 2 others that are ICP related (1210 and 1211 I think) and was wondering if this was a common problem? I have also noticed a bit of an erratic stumble at idle (in park, warm or cold). I can' see a drop on the tach but do feel and hear it about every 10 seconds or so.

Is there a fix for the wastegate code? I have the TM set to 1-7/8 - 2" at the spring.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

2001 Ford Excursion 4X4 7.3L 80K on the clock. AFE stage 2, Bank's 4" power elbow back, CCV ko pot, boost prv, 203 T-stat, fuel pump back fixed (no air).

Wes (Yeah I know it's in my sig)

Old 12-06-2006, 02:33 PM
SilverBullet131313
Senior User
As far as teh wastegate code. You are getting that obviously because your wastgate ( red line) is no longer hooked up to the turbo. I dont know of anyway of getting rid of that code. But as far as i know it doesnt matter anyhow as that code being thrown doesnt affect anything at all. The other ones , other members will have to chime in on. On a side note how do you like the turbomaster? I was considering it myself.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:52 PM
SSGG
Senior User
I like it except for the SES light being on. I will play with it more when I get the BTS valve body and DP. Really seeing higher boost #'s with it and the ATS.

I may try changing the icp sensor to see if it helps or fixes the funky idle. When I was playing with the 10K stuff a few months back (no longer on the X) I noticed a heavy oily residue in the connector part. Maybe the sensor is leaking?

Wes