1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

wont start

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 01:42 AM
black89
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wont start

just put a tranny in my 89 ranger 2wd 2.9 auto. everything was fine before always started up without a problem have replaced the starter silenoid and have cleaned all cable ends and still not starting is there anything thing special i should do as far as priming the engine because of it sitting on ramnps i think the fuel has escaped from the lines. is there anyway to prime it, or could it be anything else that i may be missing

Old 12-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Have you check for fuel and spark?

Old 12-05-2006, 01:41 AM
black89
New User
yeah so far i have replaced the starter sylenoid wires and still np go on start have chacked the spark and def getting fuel. chacked coil as well has fire. would there be anything on the tranny to stop it form starting like a bad sensor or something. not sure just asking. and is there any wires that i should take a look at?

Old 12-05-2006, 06:32 AM
Rags
Senior User
When you say " Not Starting " is it that the engine is not turning over or turning over but not fireing?

Old 12-05-2006, 08:05 AM
pawpaw
Received 74 Likes on 72 Posts
I'm not clear from your post, so it would be helpful to know, as rags has asked, if this is a "no crank", or a cranks ok, but "no run" situation.

Seeing as how this is an auto tranny replacement & everything was ok beforehand, if it's a no crank situation, I'd look to the "Neutral/Park" switch on the tranny, by chance did you forget to plug that puppy back in????

If it's plugged in, maybe the switch on this tranny is bad, or not adjusted/agligned properly, or maybe the connectors pins/sockets have problems.

If you know it's connected & aligned ok, try shifting to "N" & see if it'll crank.

If it cranks ok, but won't fire, make sure the fuel pump inertia cutoff switch, in the cabin didn't get bumped & tripped.

Make sure the tranny ground strap was re-connected.

Just some loose ends for thought.
Let us know what you find.