Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Fixed itself?

Old 11-29-2006, 04:41 PM
trakman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Fixed itself?

Fixed itself?....I doubt it but will see how it preforms in the morning. Supposed to get down to 10 above tonite. To cut to the chase...made an appointment with the stealership yesterday to get the 03's EBPV system looked at this afternoon. Ok, last night, I pulled the SuperChip program out of it(still under warrenty) and it was 19 degrees here this morning. Expecting it to chugg along after start up for a few miles untill the EBPV unsticks itself and comes open on it's own or whenever it decides open up...in the first couple of minutes or 3 miles down the road. You just never know.....WELL, as my luck always goes, would you believe that it preformed like a champ! After 3 cold starts today...no problem. Went ahead and went to the dealer and they scaned for codes and say they could fine nothing and sent me home. I told them that if it acted up again and the opportunity came up under very cold conditions, I'd leave it overnight and they could see if it would act up for them the next morning. Do you suppose it somehow fixed itself or was it just a fluke? I'm leaving the program out of it for the time being. Removing the program shouldn't have an effect on the EBPV system, should it? Sorry for being soooooo long winded! Thanks

Old 11-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe ? The "warm up" systems on these trucks combines 3 systems - Intake air heater, Exhaust Backpressure, and high idle. The PCM uses 4 main sensors to monitor these systems - Intake Air temp, Exhaust backpressure sensor, Engine Oil Temp, Brake pedal applied. So if the tune is playing with any of the numbers or just has a small fault it could cause issues.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I start/warmup my truck on the stock setting, then maybe some high idle before getting underway. Only when it is well in the normal range do I flip it to a giddyup setting. Just this evening I got in it after a short hunt and started/drove off in the 40 hp setting. It made an unhappy sound up there and I could hear the EBV trying to do something and then it quit.

It was in the 60s today but had sat for a few hours. Thought I was good. Anyway, doesn't seem to do it in the stock setting.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:39 AM
trakman
Elder User
Well, just an update on my EBPV problem. It didn't get as cold here last night as the thought, but was at 19 above this morning at 3am when I went to work. The truck preformed fawlessly on 2 cold starts so far today...so maybe "miracals" do happen! Will put the program back in it in a few days and see if that has any effect on it. Thanks

Old 12-01-2006, 10:37 AM
trakman
Elder User
One more update and this thread can die......got down to 8 above this morning going to work and everything ran fine again...just like it's supposed to. Have the need for speed (and power) so put the chip program back in a little while ago. Hope it performs ok with it.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us know. I am curious about this condition.

Old 12-02-2006, 07:48 AM
trakman
Elder User
Thumbs down No good!

Well, I see some you guys wanted a "report"......NO GOOD! Went to a college basketball game last night....I'm guessing it was about 20 above when we came out. I remote started it and by the time we got to it, the EBPV was closed. Got out on the street and pushed the "go pedal" down and it opened up and I thought, "it's fixed".....NOT.....went about 10 blocks to the highway and put my foot into it again and she failed to respone. Whats odd about this is I noticed the temp gauge had risen to almost normal so you would think that the "whatever brain" that moniters the engine functions would have said to it's self, "Up to normal, good to go" Guess I'm down to uplugging the EBPV or pull the program. Any more input you guys might have would be appreciated. I'm going to see if it threw a code so will repot back then. Thanks

Old 12-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
I would pull the program and get a good long test period in cold weather to see if it reoccurs with out the program.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:53 AM
trakman
Elder User
amiller93....will probably do just what you said...if I can survive with out the adrenalen rush of that extra power. LOL Thanks

Old 12-02-2006, 11:14 AM
trakman
Elder User
Angry Has a code

Ok guys...after last nights fiasco, just checked and it did throw a code...DTC#01-PO603. What does this tell you in reguards to this problem? Thanks

Old 12-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
That is the KAM (Keep Alive Memory) code for the PCM - You wil get it if your
1. Battery or PCM has been disconnected.
2. battery cables loose or poor connection.
3. battery discharged.
4. open in KAPWR circuit.
5. blown fuse.
6. PCM
7. Very common just from having a tuner or chip

When you remove the program clear the codes if you can and see if it will come back

Old 12-02-2006, 03:02 PM
trakman
Elder User
I just got back from a trip to town and as I stated earlier, it did show this code. I cleared it before I went to town. Temps were probably in the mid to high 20's and the truck ran like a champ...no indication of EBPV problems. Checked for a code when I got back and it didn't show any. Heading out again late this afternoon for another ballgame. Will see how it acts tonite...Thanks for listening.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:37 AM
trakman
Elder User
Thumbs down Ditto

Same thing happened again last night...same code..same outside temp....just a different night. Will pull the program next and see if that makes a difference.

Search this Thread