Sponsored by: DP Tuner

update on oil in water

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 11:51 AM
avidbow
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update on oil in water

All... i reflushed my 01 250 7.3 3 times with dawn dish detergent and it seems the oil is gone. I had a thought about this while waiting for the flush. Here it is: Since i had no rising level of fluid in my bottle, the Stealer told me yesterday that they had replaced the o rings in the ends of the oil cooler, they flushed it 4 times, my oil dip stick shows no use or loss of oil, and oil floats on water, perhaps i had only a skim coat of oil on the top of the antifreeze at the top of the bottle. I stuck my finger in before the flush and it came out looking like i stuck it in a can of oil. After the flushing, i drove it some miles and when i returned, all seemed well. I sure hope this is it! As many times as i have flushed this, with the price of antifreeze, my wallet is getting thin! Opinions accepted!! Jeff

Old 11-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Time will tell. I hope I was wrong in the other thread.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:43 AM
avidbow
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. So far so good. I drove it about 185 miles and after stopping, looked at the bottle on top of the radiator and there was a very thin line of oil right at the level of the coolant. I think i correctly diagnosed the problem. The oil is coming to the top of the coolant. As thin as the ring was, i'm not too worried ant more. I'll keep checking it, but it seems dawn dish soap did the trick! Jeff