1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Pulled my first load with a Powerstroke.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 05:32 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled my first load with a Powerstroke.

Man, the difference between pulling with my F250 with a 351 / c6 combo and the 7.3 Powerstroke was phenominal! I am so pleased I got the truck. I was hauling my Bronco with one tons and a lot of other extras on a 18ft bumper pull. I pretty much didn't even notice it there.

Granted, it is flat here in Houston, but how will it tow on hills?

Old 11-25-2006, 07:52 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
I pulled my grandmother's 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass on a U-Haul auto transport with the interior and trunk full of stuff, plus my wife and kids in the cab with me, (it's a 4-door, crew cab), and the long-bed loaded up with more stuff, from Northern-California, up through Oregon, and into Idaho.

I had to keep checking the side mirrors to make sure the trailer was still there. I couldn't feel the trailer until we started up some long, steep grades. It slowed me down from 70 mph to nearly 65 mph. The engine temp barely moved passed the "R" in NORMAL.
I'm getting real gauges in the near future, (my birthday and christmas are coming up). I enjoy my PowerStroke, too.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:06 PM
pud
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
through the rocky Mtns with a 5x8 u-haul stuffend full of furniture to the roof hooked on the back. Canopy on and box/backseat stuffed full of other household stuff. Handled it like a champ. Some big hills I had to let off the throttle.