1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

'56 door hardware installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 08:57 AM
Craig
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man do I need help!
I am trying to put new fuzzy channels and strips back into my doors. I really like wing windows instead of single piece windows. I can't seem to get all the spring posts into the holes on the strips that go on either side of the window. This makes it so the window is way too tight to go up and down.

I put the wing window in first. Then the divider bar. Next the channel and the bracket at the rear of the door that holds the channel at the bottom. Then I tried to put in the strips. WRONG

Should the strips go in before the channel? I've ruined a set already and I'm not too hot on ruining too many more. It's gonna get real expensive, real fast.

Thanks!

Old 05-21-2002, 09:20 AM
hirschi
Senior User

This may be an obvious question, but did you call the tech people of the place you bought them from?

I'm real interested in what you find out because I'm going to be doing the same thing to my 59 in about two weeks. Please keep me posted.

Thanks,

Good luck

James

Old 05-21-2002, 01:55 PM
Craig
Senior User

I am going to talk to them this afternoon. I'm still at work and they don't like the long distance phone calls. They just don't pay much attention to internet usage. I'll definately let you know what is supposed to work.

Old 05-22-2002, 11:20 AM
Craig
Senior User

I talked with one of the guys at Sac Vintage Ford. No special tech tips there. It's just extremely hard to get the last clip to snap into place on the end of the fuzzy strips. If you don't get it in place, the window will not go through as the gap is too small

I'd be willing to bet the factory had a special pair of pliers or similar tool to do this. Maybe I'll make one and corner the market on fuzzy strip installation! Yeah right.

Old 05-23-2002, 05:22 PM
hirschi
Senior User

Sounds like it's just something you have to fight with then.
Thanks for the update.

James

Old 05-23-2002, 06:44 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts

If you are talking about the fuzzies at the bottom of the glass that run horizontal, make sure the flange on the door itself is not bent in from a previous install or removal. The last clip hole by the edge of the door has a tendency to bend. The clip on the fuzzy is not long enough to reach if the door is bent. Not an expert by any stretch, you can add me to the list of people who have trashed a set learning.

Dewayne

Old 05-23-2002, 08:48 PM
barry
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post