Sponsored by:

3" body lift question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 AM
NCOffRoadGuy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3" body lift question.

How hard will it be to install a 3" body lift on an 86 FSB? What would the major opsticals be?

Old 11-08-2006, 01:01 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Not many check my gallery I did it on my 82.
Just have to extend the t-case linkage, and trim the fan shroud or move your radiator down.
The fuel filler hose should be able to stretch a little.
The major problem will be getting the old body bushing loose, I found it helpful to bust all the bolts loose with an inpact hammer, then screw the bolts in from the bottom and use an airhammer with a punch and go from the inside of the cab and aim it down on the bolts.
This is so you can knock the sleves loose because they are pressed together.
Also may be a good time to replace body mounts, I used the poly set and lift from broncograveyard and have been very happy with it.
Hope this helps you.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:53 PM
NCOffRoadGuy
New User
Thanks. I also see your tailgate has the same rust mine has at the bottom. How did you cover the rust so it didnt get worse?

Old 11-09-2006, 04:51 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
I buffed all the bondo and paint that the PO had done to cover it and when I gutted the gate for new tracks and seales I had buffed and sprayed rust killer in the inside and out. and it now just sits painted with black rustoleon.
I have looked into some options, one is to cut the bad sheetmetal out and break a new peace from stock I have and tack weld it in place as only the skin is rusted.
My other idea is get a peace of 1/8 aluminum diamond tread plate and somehow attaching it to the bottom and painting it to match the truck so it looks olmost stock but still custom.