Sponsored by: DP Tuner

called jody,the deed is done!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 04:43 PM
pullinair
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up called jody,the deed is done!

After having my bully dog power pup for two months ive decided to can it. It works great for trouble codes but i very rarely use anything over the 50hp setting. Ordered 60tow and 80 econo, and lope idle. He played a clip of lope idle over the phone for me and it sounded mean! It sounds way better than a stock powerstroke at idle and a whole lot better than a dodge at idle. I also asked if he could raise my idle for me on the performance settings. So it looks I'll have an idle of 680 instead of 650rpm's. Nothing beats good customer service and custom tunes! Now all i have to do is not screw up on putting the chip in.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Lance_I
Senior User
Glad to hear the news. You'll love the 80eco. It's a powerful tune. I think I was told that it actually dyno's over 100 hp.What's the lope idle sound like? I don't know how it sounds but I almost got it on mine. Anybody got a link for a lope idle clip?

Old 10-31-2006, 05:52 PM
pullinair
Elder User
Jody found the clip for me while i was on the phone with him but just before that he told me there was a link on diesel garage.com or something. I did try going there after the phone call to hear it again but couldnt find it. Maybe you'll have better luck. To me it sounds like its loaded with tons of pwer when its loping. I know our trucks have power but a cummins at idle sounds like its on steriods compared to our trucks. Hope this lope idle makes some dodge guys think" hum wonder whats up with that stroker"

The only downfall is it is its own setting. I'm happy though, from the clip it sounds mean , you gotta hear it!

I didnt ask jody but i think can not run a lope at idle with the performance tunes.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:56 PM
pullinair
Elder User
i also did a google search couldnt find anything

Old 10-31-2006, 06:04 PM
Lance_I
Senior User
I'll find a clip later I'm sure. Yo're right about the lope setting. You won't be able to run it during a performance tune because they will be two different settings. That's really not a big deal since all you have to do is switch it before take off. What position is he putting the lope? You should have got the smoke tune with it. It's a blast! Although I doubt your clutch would hold if it's still stock.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:12 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EDIT- Pillinair i sent you a PM. Seems FTE is being dumb with the page you get when the post doesn't go through, how it has to be approved by a moderator or something. tried 3 times to post and i finally sent it to you in a PM.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:31 PM
pullinair
Elder User
checkin it now

Old 10-31-2006, 07:21 PM
crack
Elder User
Originally Posted by Lance_I
! Although I doubt your clutch would hold if it's still stock.
what does the clutch have to do with the smoke tune?

Old 10-31-2006, 08:33 PM
Lance_I
Senior User
Originally Posted by crack
Nothing really is you have a strong clutch. Mine starting slipping when I had a banks big hoss 120 on it. Just the 80 setting on my DP is as strong as the banks was. If your clutch won't hold the power then the smoke tune is kinda pointless.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:36 PM
powerstroker27
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crack
I believe the smoke tune is a 140hp tune with alot of extra fuel to cause all the smoke. So the a 140hp tune on a stock clutch wouldn't work too well, i know about this from experience.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:11 PM
pullinair
Elder User
Talking it came today!

I can not put into words what jody has done with my truck. it is down right fast. My bullydog programmer doesnt even DREAM of coming close to what jody can do! I keep shaking my head at how fast this thing is now. I can see why you auto guys have to upgrade tranny parts. I love switching the setting and being able to hear the sound of the engine at idle get a little growl. all i can do is keep shaking my head. Lope idle is just like the clip i lstened to but im not going to get a real good exhuast tone at lope idle unless i straight pipe. It still sounds awesome. If youre going to get lope go with straight pipe.

I drove two blocks at stock setting then two blocks at 60 tow, the about 4 miles in 80 econo. . I described to jody over the phone that id like to wake my bottom end up. He didnt exactly say if he was going to through some more fuel into the program at lower rpm's or not. regardless if he did or didnt its has no lag,zip,zero! Its awesome. I asked if he could up my idle. He upped it from 650 to 680. It sounds like it wants to go. All the time. Im done ranting , but im not if you know what i mean! Thanks for all the awesome input on dp-tuning.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:54 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, that is freaking awesome. I cannot wait until i can get my DPchip and BTS valve body. They are the next mods. One more check.....

I plan on a 9 or 10 position chip. I'm deciding on if i need a 40tow or not. Stock, no start, hi idle, 60 tow 80 econo, 100 perf, 120 race, smoke, and lope are what i have in mind now.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:59 AM
pullinair
Elder User
Definately go with a lower tune. 60tow is Strong! And it only get stronger as you go up! 40tow or say 20 tow would be perfect in muddy or icy situations. If you go with no-start have jody put it in position #0 so when you disconect your remote switcher it will defaualt to pos #0 and will not start. Hope this helps. My truck cannot handle 100+ tunes right now. But as soon as a new clutch goes in im going for the 120 and smoke tunes!

Old 11-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Lance_I
Senior User
Originally Posted by strokin_it7.3
Man, that is freaking awesome. I cannot wait until i can get my DPchip and BTS valve body. They are the next mods. One more check.....

I plan on a 9 or 10 position chip. I'm deciding on if i need a 40tow or not. Stock, no start, hi idle, 60 tow 80 econo, 100 perf, 120 race, smoke, and lope are what i have in mind now.
Kris get the 60 tune. It's a very strong tune. I didn't get the 40 but the 60 is bada$$. Egt's run low in that setting too. You won't be disssapointed.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:53 PM
pullinair
Elder User
in edit to my post to strokin it =I meant to go with a lower tune than 60tow in addition to your higher tunes. Hope that clears up what i was trying to say
Later!

Quick Reply: called jody,the deed is done!