1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

trying to my gauges in tonight..need advise..

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 07:24 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
trying to my gauges in tonight..need advise..

hey guy's I'm trying to put my gauges in tonight where does the sending unit go in the auto trans?? I cant seem to find a hole with a plug in it..also have you ever herd of auto meters not supplying the nut and ferules (I'm sure spelling is off on that) for the boost gauge??? how do I plug it in then..I was told by pure diesel that I had to go to home depot or auto zone to get one.auto meter don't supply them...I got this boost relief valve from bob at http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=31 I want to run it there.is this a common size nut and ferules?.
thanks in advance guy's

Old 10-27-2006, 07:36 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Here is where the sender goes. It's on the left side of the transmission, above the pan rail. Have the new one ready to go in, as fluid will drip out (not a gushing amount) Do not use any thread tape.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:39 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by strokin_it7.3
Here is where the sender goes. It's on the left side of the transmission, above the pan rail. Have the new one ready to go in, as fluid will drip out (not a gushing amount) Do not use any thread tape.

thanks strokin ill check that out...after posting this i found a write up on it in my favorites..once again thanks alot

Old 10-27-2006, 08:27 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can check my gallery too. I've got a Gauges gallery with shots of where all my sending units are hooked up.

The boost gauge should have come with the hardware to hook the tube up to the back of the gauge. But, it may not have come with the hardware to hook it up to wherever you want it. The hardware is a common size. Most likely the holes machined in the valve are 1/8" NPT. The tube is a common 1/8" size tube. Should be a common part at any hardware store.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:43 PM
shenders99
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fittings that you need are carried at home depot and are typical brass crush fittings. Very common.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:13 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
thanks alot guy's got my pyro and trans in. just got back from a test run...ill pick up my parts in the morning and hook up my boost..after my boost i can finaly put in my DP tuner..i been holding on to this for a week now..i cant wait to try it out...

Old 10-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
C'mon Ron, just put the chip in. It was primarily the pyro you were waiting on anyhow. That'll make that trip to the store that much more enjoyable tomorrow.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:34 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350
C'mon Ron, just put the chip in. It was primarily the pyro you were waiting on anyhow. That'll make that trip to the store that much more enjoyable tomorrow.
lol its 11:30 here and im beat...i want to be wide awake and see what im doing im only doing this one time i hope...just got a e-mail from sp diesel i got the right t/c lock and exhaust brake just the wrong directions. they gave me directions for a dodge. so hopefuly ill have that in tomarow as well..

Old 10-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here is A pic of the BRV+ Ron

Old 10-27-2006, 11:02 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
thanks alan. thats what i got..do you like it?? wish i new ahead time the gauges didnt come with all the hard wear..if it isnt one thing its another..oh well im on the home stretch and im having fun so far..i love the stove pipe.my fuel milage is taking a beating though lol cant wait to play my tunes now..have a good night guy's

Old 10-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine came with everthing i needed, but I got them from Bob when i got the BRV+ so they might have actually came with it. Since i dont have any tunes yet i have been unable to test it highest i have been able to get boost is around 16 (State troopers keep showing up coming the other way, I think Tenn01 called them so I cant play)

Old 10-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Lance_I
Senior User
Ron my gauges came with all the fittings too. I guess some people just include everything and some don't. Glad too see you're getting everything together okay.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Lance_I
Senior User
Originally Posted by amiller93
Mine came with everthing i needed, but I got them from Bob when i got the BRV+ so they might have actually came with it. Since i dont have any tunes yet i have been unable to test it highest i have been able to get boost is around 16 (State troopers keep showing up coming the other way, I think Tenn01 called them so I cant play)
Mike tell me you're not narcing on your diesel buddies! Just kidding! By the way are you wearing a wire?

Old 10-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Yeah, mine from Dennis at ITP came with everything I needed, and I have a lot of crap left over just in case. I did like that. Some of the things you need to ask when buying.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Lance_I
Mike tell me you're not narcing on your diesel buddies! Just kidding! By the way are you wearing a wire?
Lance, one of my Field Training Officers warned me not to write tickets for things that I do myself. Those were wise words. But I am keeping an eye on Alan.