1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 10:43 PM
danbo
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seats

Tim:
The idea is to mount the Ranger seat on the original F1 brackets (which luckily I had). The following instructions are for each side. First remove the ajdustment mechinism off the Ranger (or other) seat with a grinder or drill. The mounting brackets on the Ranger are narrower than the F1 (and the holes wouldn't line up anyway), so I took a piece of 1/4 x 3 x 17.5 flat stock, drilled holes thru it and bolted it on top of the F1 bracket (using the original holes in the sliding part of the F1 bracket). I then drilled holes clear thru 1" channel stock and bolted it on top the 1/4" stock (this gave me the custom height I needed). I then then drilled two more holes thru the top of the channel to line up with the existing mounting bolt holes in the bottom of the Ranger seat. I then bolted the Ranger seat to the channel thru the existing holes in the bottom of the Ranger seat (using a slightly smaller diameter bolt so I could use the existing Ranger bolt holes). Note: you will need to put some kind of spacer on the front of the assembly between the channel and the Ranger set, or the front of the seat will be too low. I used a 1/2" bolt and used it like an oversized washer. You don't need a spacer on the rear part of the assembly. Anyway, lots of measuring & bolting, but no welding involved. Good luck.

Old 11-18-2002, 02:12 AM
Franklin2
Received 1,678 Likes on 1,356 Posts
seats