Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Edge or Superchip

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Big Cabin
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Edge or Superchip

I am going to install a performance upgrade in my 2000, F350. Edge Juice with Attitude and a Superchip w/Outlook Monitor are both the same price installed.

I would like to hear any and all opinions on the two set ups. I am a new comer to the diesel performance club and need all the help I can get.
Thanks,
Dana

Old 10-18-2006, 01:44 PM
BuickTurbo
Elder User
No experience with the superchip. I have the Edge set up and have loved it since day one.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:00 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Check out DP Tuner. You won't regret it. Scan around this board and see how many people are happy with their's vs those that say they wished they kept their Superchips or Hyperjunks. If I give you a dollar for every body you find that is unhappy with Jody's product and if you will give me a dime for the satisfied customers Jody has, I'll probably have enough for a dual HPOP. If you want to start small, send him your PCM for a re-flash. If you like it, then you can add the flip chip. Get seperate gauges from say Autometer.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Mark at DPPI
Elder User
Big Cabin,

Of those two products I would go with the Edge hands down, then later if you want more get the Evolution programmer and stack them.

If you decide to go with a plug in chip the TS Performance is the best, been doing the programs for years and has a great rep on the 7.3 engine. Either way clal us if you want we stock the Edge, Superchips, Outlooks and TS Performacne products and will be glad to help you make the right decision and get the best price too.

Mark @ DPPI

Old 10-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Big Cabin
New User
Wow!!! I had a Super Chip Tuner done and added a Outlook controller so I can change power levels on the fly. At the 50% setting she gets going really well with very smooth transmission shifts. At 75% my 350 is a go fast machine and at 100% which I think adds around 110HP and 200# torque....like an F16. Of course the towing is best done at 25% for heavy loads and 50% at lighter , (6,000#).
I haven't had a chance to fill up and do a mileage test but in terms of performance, UNBELEIVABLE!

Old 10-20-2006, 11:23 PM
scooter80
Freshman User
Timely topic. I installed my Edge Evolution Program a week ago on the 1st level. It was clearly more power with no smokey exhaust. A Great addidtion no doubt. Two days ago I decided to go to level 2. You can really feel the difference even between 1 and 2. And all this is just from generic programming. The only downfall to level 2 is smokey exhaust on hard acceleration, so I would love to switch programs on the fly..... So, tomorrow, the Edge Juice with Attitude Controller goes in on top of the Evolution Programmer letting me chose five different levels on the fly. It will be great, I am sure.

Bottom line, I have not had experience with Superchips, but Edge's products are easy to use and do what they claim... I feel like I should be paid for this, but since you asked! LOL