Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Fuel pressure gauge

Old 10-15-2006, 10:51 PM
phatdually1
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Fuel pressure gauge

Has anybody installed a fuel pressure gauge? If so which brand. I do realize you need to use an isolator so fuel does not enter the cab. Maybe some of you feel it's not a necessary, but I like gauges. I was also thinking of adding an oil temperature gauge in addition and maybe install the two gauges in a gauge mount that fits into the factory instrumentation area. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks! P.S. I already have the standard 3 pillar setup.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Fire Rooster
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
checkout the pics in my gallery for more gauge mounting ideas. Tthe fuel pressure gauge is a good idea. The oil temp would be betterreplaced with an oil pressure or water temp. Oil temp is usually 20 degrees hotter then the water temps.

Old 10-15-2006, 11:11 PM
phatdually1
Junior User
That's a nice setup firerooster!

Old 10-16-2006, 08:00 AM
jetdoc
Cargo Master

I have a full sweep electric gauge in a gauge works three gauge overhead mount. I liked everything but the price. I got the fuel pressure from the rear of the filter housing I will take a pic if you want. I ended up with a extra water temp gauge(dont ask) and am planning to combine oil, trans, rear diff on the same gauge using a three way switch. Just havent got around to that yet. Trying to save a little money-knda late now!.

Duncan

Old 10-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Fire Rooster
Posting Guru
Thanks Phat. Hope it helps. Mine as probably yours is alway a work in progress. This week a PA, true locomotive train horn, more LED lights and an air tank for my onboad air system with hard plumbed lines to the air horn, and an air chuck for airing up tires, air tools, etc.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:44 AM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I did a write-up on an inexpensive fuel pressure gauge installation, if you are interested:

http://h1.ripway.com/nlemerise/Ford/gaugeinstall.doc

Neal

Old 10-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
I have the Autometer electric fuel pressure gauge. It worked well for about two weeks and then it fried. I think it happened because of the heat involved in being in the confined space of the pod, which is black, and the light inside the gauge for lighting. It lasted about two weeks. I eventually got a new sending unit sent out, but in the end I got a new gauge, wiring, and two new sending units. I am just going to run it without the light to see if it lasts.

My 200,000 mile pump apparently drops about 15 psi at WOT above 3000 RPM... I have the regulated return setup and it starts at about 70 and drops from there. I bought a new pump on ebay for about $100 and just need to install it.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:38 AM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
I've got an Autometer, electric gague, so no isolater necessary. I've never had any problems with mine. It's mounted on the pillar, in a 4 gauge mount. Check out my pics or gallery to see.

I'll be adding oil temp, water temp, and oil pressure in an overhead mount eventually.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:19 PM
wcklew
Freshman User
I got the hose from Neal, works great 55 PSI.

Thanks Neal

Search this Thread