1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

power windows

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:05 AM
93rngjb
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question power windows

so currently in my '93 ranger i've got roller windows, i was thinking of going to power, is there anybody here who has done this conversion? what parts do i need? what parts can be saved? where should i obtain said parts?
help would be appreciated
thanks JB

Old 10-09-2006, 12:06 AM
93rngjb
Freshman User
forgot to mention

forgot to mention that i would also like to convert to power locks since i'll be doing wiring in a similar area. same questions apply
thanks JB

Old 10-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Dave257
Posting Guru
There are kits out there with parts, wiring etc. Or are you asking about junk yard stuff, I would go with a kit for a truck that old.
Dave

Old 10-09-2006, 11:40 AM
93rngjb
Freshman User
i'm thinking of going with a kit, my first thought was the junkyard but when i went there they didn't have a single ranger with power windows or locks so that idea is out. has anybody here ever seen a kit that will work on the ranger? specifically a 93?

Old 10-09-2006, 02:32 PM
MazdaRangerGuyInSTL
Elder User
I can tell you this.. it's a LOT of work to add on power windows, etc. If you have the time, patience, and MONEY yes it can be done, but personally I wouldn't go through that effort.

You're going to have to install door lock actuator brackets and linkages... windows regulators and motors.. window and door lock switches.. plus getting the trim pieces for the door for them to fit properly.. and then THE WIRING.

If you're lucky, you might already have the wiring in place from the factory, but I don't think that's going to be the case on a '93. You're going to have to run wires through the doors (maybe even have to remove the doors).. through the dashboard, let alone the tapping into the fuse boxes and installing the modules and everything.. trust me it's a real PITA!

But if you choose to attempt this, I wish you the best of luck!

Old 10-13-2006, 10:31 PM
jimw411
Elder User
Go here http://www.a1electric.com/electriclifewind.htm
I bought the electriclife power window kits from them. You have to buy the regulator kit and also the switch kit. I think i paid about $250 and put it in myself. It's a big job and took about 6 hours to complete. I got the bmw style switch kit with 2 switches on the drivers door and one on the passenger, and took a dremel and "VERY" carefully cut the door panel where the crank hole is to a square that fit the bezels for the after market switches. It's a tough job and need to have moderate skills to pull it off and have to look and work factory. The regulators are an exact copy of the factory ones and will actually interchange. Electriclife is that company that all the hot rod places like Boyd Coddington use.

Old 10-13-2006, 10:57 PM
93rngjb
Freshman User
Thumbs up ...

Thanks for the post, i will keep that in mind. It looks like that should do the trick and shouldn't be to bad on the budget. Thanks again, Jb