Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New guy saying hi..

Old 10-04-2006, 10:24 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
Do we know this person? Do we let just anybody in Just because they have a 48 - 60 Ford Truck?

Heck Yes we do.

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:38 PM
F250Rob
Elder User
F250Rob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.F250Rob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Howdy! Post a gallery!

Old 10-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Voneville
Junior User
Voneville is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Originally Posted by Walston
Welcome, I look forward to some pictures. Where are you from?
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I live in San Diego currently. I am originally from Northern California and will soon be moving to Norkolk, Virginia.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:15 PM
F250Rob
Elder User
F250Rob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.F250Rob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Haze gray and underway? "Needs of the Navy" is about the only reason I can think of to leave San Diego and go to Norfolk!

Last edited by F250Rob; 10-04-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:17 PM
AXracer
Post Fiend
AXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud of
San Diego to Norfolk (by the way the locals pronounce it NAW-***) huh? sounds like a Navy guy? Norfolk is about 2-1/2 hrs from us and we get up that way a couple times a year to race on the concrete launching pad for the large aircushion amphibious landing craft known as ACU4.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:14 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
Voneville,

welcome to FTE... without a doubt the best source for information... you have to be judge of the value of that information... and we do not discriminate... we offer an equal amount of bs with the good stuff...

there are a few "odd year" truck owners here that can give you a hand but most of us are pouring bucket fulls of money and time into the 48-56 holes...

hopefully you'll be surprised at how helpful we actually can be...

check out the tech article section and the stickys at the top on suspensions and stuff... lots of good info there and if you're really patient and understanding the search function can dump a bunch of good stuff on you...

feel free to jump right in like a veteran and harass every noob like we do... it's fun !!!

enjoy

John

Old 10-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Voneville
Junior User
Voneville is starting off with a positive reputation.
[QUOTE=jniolon]Voneville,

hopefully you'll be surprised at how helpful we actually can be...

check out the tech article section and the stickys at the top on suspensions and stuff... lots of good info there and if you're really patient and understanding the search function can dump a bunch of good stuff on you...

QUOTE]

I promise not to ask which frame clip will fit my truck, if IFS is better then a solid axle, or how to add power steering without modifying my front end!

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Yes, I am in the Navy. Yes that is the only reason I am leaving San Diego. I was raised in the Bay Area, but my Dad was born here, my grandparents have lived in the area since the late 40's.

I am looking forward to southern life though. I hear southerners are nice people and they use their blinkers, which makes them A-Ok in my book

And you best believe I'll give the n00b's heck with the best of them

oh, and I have some new pics for the gallery...
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...?albumid=24819

Last edited by Voneville; 10-04-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:03 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
I was stationed at Norfolk, too. I was 6 months old. Welcome to FTE, where we all can act 6 months old.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:10 PM
kdmcinnes
Elder User
kdmcinnes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome aboard, Nice find!
Kyle

Old 10-05-2006, 01:25 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Voneville,
WOW! great looking truck!! and quite a handsome little helper there too!

I love those wheels. If you ever want to part with them let me know. I have a set of slotted mags and some Cragar SS 5 spokes, but I've always loved those old mag 5 spokes.

Thanks for getting some pics up!
Bobby

Old 10-05-2006, 01:38 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
[QUOTE=VonevilleI am looking forward to southern life though. I hear southerners are nice people and they use their blinkers, which makes them A-Ok in my book

[/QUOTE]

being a southern boy... I can attest to the blinkers... we DO use them... in fact we never turn them off !!!!!

but come on down anyway.... we'll teach you to like grits !!!

later
John (my southern redneck friend)

Old 10-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Brian_B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Voneville
I am looking forward to southern life though. I hear southerners are nice people and they use their blinkers, which makes them A-Ok in my book

This is a common joke in my area of the planet dealing with just that topic:

When you move to the South you have to accept the fact that we don't use our blinkers. If you happen to see one of us with one on, remember, it was on when we bought the car.

That is not me. I use mine, but thats the local joke.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:00 PM
fatfenders56
Posting Guru
fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.
Thumbs up

welcome aboard, there is nothing I can add to what you will be subjected to here

Old 10-05-2006, 06:09 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
Hey, check out the gallery. The Truck looks driveable, Whats up with that?
Is he trying to push us around and make us do some work or something.

Darn Harbor Ducks.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Voneville
I've been reading up on this forum a lot lately. I almost feel left out, I picked up a 57 f100 Styleside in good daily driver shape, so it's not really a project. A few cosmetics issues but mechanically she seems pretty sound.

I'll start a gallery when I get some descent pics. My truck was primarily used as a camping vehicle so it's got low miles. It's only changed hands twice since leaving the dealership in Huntington Beach in 1957 and making it's way to my home, but it's stayed local to Southern California. It will be residing in Virginia when I transfer there in January.

I cut my teeth on Fords, literally. My Dad has a 68 f150 Stepside that still has the bite marks on the dash to prove it (I was teething and apperantly the foam dashes on the 60's fords made a good chew toy). It was also the first vehicle I ever drove, changed the oil on, did a break job, replaced the clutch etc.... He still has it and plans on restoring it one day. It's got the 300 I-6. If he doesn't get around to it I know it will make a great father son project for me and my son
If you need Intel from Original FoMoCo & subcontractor source material Mrfourspeed & I have them to look things up for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New guy saying hi..

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.