General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Sons Ford Credit Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 10:50 PM
JimmysRed150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sons Ford Credit Problem

Hope this is the right forum for this. The week before last, my wife and I got back from a trip. My youngest son and his fiance stayed at our house to take care of the cats. The day we got back, I noticed there were a bunch of phone messages. Upon checking them, there were four from Ford Credit, all pre-recorded. I figured, I'd ask him about them later after he was off work. I forgot about and the next morning, Ford Crdit called looking for him. I woke him and gave him the phone. Afterward, I asked him about the call and the messages from the past week. He said, that the payment he sent in didn't clear. It was due Sept 8th, which is when he snet it in but, he had till the 18th before late charges. they told him that the check he sent came back, insufficient funds. Thing is, the check he sent them and always sends them was a cashiers check. He told them there was no way it could bounce, since the funds were already pulled from his account and put into the check. They insisted, it was still insufficient funds.
Monday, they called our house again and I told them I'd pass on the call. I notified him and he called them back, and they were looking for their money. He called them later and told someone there about the cashiers check and they even agreed that the cashiers check couldn't bounce and that they'd straighten it out. He still got more calls and he finally, upon my urging, to go see his credit union and tell them. They said, no way is there insufficient funds, that Ford Credit is screwing up. FC called him again and said, he'd now have to pay late charges and check bouncing charges and he should send in another check for the payment. He told them he wasn't sending them anything and if they didn't like it, they could just come and get the truck and shove it up their rears. Finally, him, FC and, his CU had a conference call and his CU told them, they traced the check and it was still active and that ehy must have lost it. their reply? Ford Credit does not lose checks!
They went round and round and finally, his CU issued him another check at their expense and told FC they better not add on any more charges. They also told them they would keep a trace on the first check and if they tried cashing both of them, there would be hell to pay. Sorry this is so long but, I wanted to get it all straight. Oh, by the way, in the meantime, FC sent his October bill and on there it says, payment received, thank you. this happened in the middle of this brouhaha and I told him to tell them that if the payment didn't go through, then why does his next bill say it was paid. They told him, it didn't mean anything, that that was done automatically. I told him to tell them, they were full of crap because, if he didn't pay it or it didn't go through on time, there would be a bill for two payments plus late charge on there, not payment recieved. Any opinions?

Old 10-03-2006, 11:31 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
oh jeez, ford credit, the lowest paid morons work there.

my opinion? if it wasn't for the low interest rate they offered on my truck, i would have gone through ANYBODY other than ford credit.

short story, i bought a truck new in 1995, joined the navy a year after, got it refinanced under the soldier and sailers relief act......but......they redid a contract with the new payment and account number on it, i signed the papers and such AND....the idiots also kept my old account opened, in effect it was showing on their computers i had two accounts!!

so one day in my A school, i get yanked out of class, put in front of some Chiefs then yelled at on why i havn't made a payment in a few months to ford. i told them i did and could produce all reciepts since i always used cashiers checks.

well, after the chiefs and head of school sill didn't beleive me and wanted to put me on legal hold from school (required secret clearance) and possibly even drop me from school, i went to the JAG officer on base and told him, i showed him everything i had and he took all the paperwork, called me back a couple of days later and said it was taken care of ( all the while i was also straighteningn out with FC but used the JAG officer to back my case)

well, ford sent an apology letter, luckily it didn't even go on my credit for missed payments and the JAG officer had a nice chat with the Chiefs at school aout thier conduct and failure to refer the case to base legal as they were suppose to do.

so...my opinion about FC? i think everyone can figure it out.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I have had similar problems with my home mortgage company. It just isn't FC alone with poor employees and even worse management policies.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:03 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, Thats as bad as XM RADIO calling me for 2 weeks straight (after) i renewed my subscription.... to pay my bill. The kid tells me i owe x amount, I'm like i paid X amout 2 weeks ago... kid looks up my account sure enough its current.....

How do people like this get jobs?

Old 10-04-2006, 06:43 AM
DetailerDave
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wife and I went through similar with our dear Uncle Sam. Wifey had a student loan. They kept calling saying we missed a payment, and to send it in or they were going to demand payment in full for the loan. I dug out all the records, and called them myself. I had the guy bring up the account, and I went over each and every payment from the beginning. After he collaborated each payment, check number, and date, I asked him to explain where he felt there was a missing payment? He couldn't and they haven't bugged us since.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:32 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
now THAT sucks

Old 10-04-2006, 09:54 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
You haven't lived until the check you wrote to the mortgage company gets deducted from your account twice In our electronic, outsourced world, this is getting to be all too common. Then, when you call to try to correct the glitches, odds are you talk to someone in stupidstan that barely speaks the language, let alone has the ability to correct it. No, it's not just FMCC.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:53 AM
CAFordDude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok here was my latest issue with creditors.

First off I pay all my bills electronically. VERY rarely write a check. My mortage is through National something or other. I also have a credit card through a different national something or other. It was an account I got 5 years ago when I bought my house and bought a new television through circuit city. The account has had a ZERO balance AND has not been used in 4 years. 4 years and no activity.

So a few months ago I was probably clicking through my bills paying them electronically when I got home form work and was not really awake. I clicked to send my $2000 mortage payment off to the company, finished what I was doing and went to bed fat dumb and happy. About 2 weeks later I get an angry letter from the mortage basically saying where is our money. I check online and soon discover my mistake. 100% my fault. I call the mortage company who was understanding but still wanted their payment. I arrange for them to do a draft right out of my account for the $2000 amount. Fine they are happy now.

I call the credit card company and explain my situation and ask if they can refund my $2000 to me. They tell me it will take 8-12 weeks!! I ask if they are kidding and they tell me nope it is standard operating procedure. Now don't get me wrong I make pretty good money but a $4000 hit in 2 weeks and not getting paid for another 2 weeks was gonna hurt. After going round and round for a bit onthe phone I ask them "Do you frequently have customers with a zero balance on an unused account send in payments JUST IN CASE THEY MAKE A PURCHASE? and without missing a beat the punk on the other end said "Yes we do" In the end it still took me 5 weeks to get MY money back.

Needless to say that after I got my money back the card went back to them in 1000 pieces along with a note to cancel my account.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:32 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
CAFord- You should have gone into a bank and got a $2000 cash advance to zero out your "credit" on the card... They couldn't very well charge you excessive interest rates since the money was already there but they may have charged you a "stupidity tax", -I mean "minimum fee"! -hehe

Now since you have cut your card up the next time you make the same mistake you will not be able to get a "cash advance"...

I hope you have removed that account from the accounts listed on your computer.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:25 AM
06supercrew
Senior User
Ford Credit has done that to me also, they didn't recieve my check, wanted another one, was sent, when the next statement came both checks were there. (very shortened version of what took place)

Credit card company we had for like 10 years; $0 balance, monthly dial-up internet service automaticaly paid thru credit card and any charges we made were paid when we recieved statement. We get a statement that shows no payment for the previous month (amount that was due $9.95) I had changed to highspeed and paid it with my phone bill so no additional charges from service provider but, a $35.00 late payment fee was tacked on in addition to interest. I checked with wife, check was written and mailed, checked with the bank and it had not cleared. To shorten the story after all arguments, letters and phone calls they were not going to remove the late fee.(we were never late with these people in the entire time we had their card) We contested the charges for the late fee, and sent them a new check for the $9.95.( I of course closed the account) I then filed a formal complaint with the Attorney Generals office stating that I felt they intentionaly loose payments so they can charge this unfair late fee.( my wife may have also filed a complaint with the banking commission, I am not sure). I then recieved a letter from them stating, they were going to remove the fee from my account.

I have a lot of other stories that would make interesting reading but, whats the point. I think the older you get the more you accumulate.

I think they train people to assume that if a payment is not recieved, someone is trying to dodge them. You would think for "customer service" they would at least contact you to see if there was another reason.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:38 AM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
I must say that Ford Credit will finance when most others won't. Having said that, I bought my truck over 5 years ago shortly after my wife died and I went through some financial problems and they worked with me by letting me just pay the interest for three months and tacked the principal on to the end. I paid them off and I promptly received my title.

I must say they were easier to work with at that time.

I'll never forget the time I had a Sears charge card and when I paid it off, I received two checks for overpayment on the account, one for 37 cents the other for 28 cents.
Go figure.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:18 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
i agree, despite the stupid stuff i went through, they finaced me when no one else would (first time buyer) and they will go out of their way to ensure you keep the truck and them not to repo it. at least that is what i get from talking to them and from others experiences.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Aztrainer
Posting Guru
I know the pain. They stated that I did not make a payment, but I used E-Bill all the time. I told them that they did have the payment and they should just check the computers and it had been taken out of my accound and the record of transaction number was ####. They were like no you didn't. OK Let me talk to your manager... A little silence and then Oh, I see it now..Thank You...Then I asked to speak to the manager anyways and all I did was ask why I got the call. "Oh, sorry" and "It will never happen again"

If you want REAL fun get a phone number of a person that is in collections. I get calls every three to six months of a woman. I always call back and I am very polite and tell them that I am not this person. It works really well and most are suprised that I am very polite about it.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Medic 66
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by polarbear
You haven't lived until the check you wrote to the mortgage company gets deducted from your account twice In our electronic, outsourced world, this is getting to be all too common. Then, when you call to try to correct the glitches, odds are you talk to someone in stupidstan that barely speaks the language, let alone has the ability to correct it. No, it's not just FMCC.
i have heard that if u request to speak to someone who can speak your language they have to transfer you if it is an american company with oversea's help

Old 10-07-2006, 11:35 PM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jake00
Wow, Thats as bad as XM RADIO calling me for 2 weeks straight (after) i renewed my subscription.... to pay my bill. The kid tells me i owe x amount, I'm like i paid X amout 2 weeks ago... kid looks up my account sure enough its current.....

How do people like this get jobs?
I worked for a rent to own store last year in the collection dept. I had a book that had something like 300 names in it and I was told to go through the list and call the people once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I would pull the names up on the computer to see if they had sent in their payment and if they hadn't, I'd give them a call. After 6 months of this, my new manager decided that my method was too slow and I needed to go thru the list 3 times a day by just calling the people and demanding their payments without verifying whether or not they had made it. More than once I would have people telling me that they sent in the payments and I would have to look it up on the computer to confirm it, all the time felling like an ****. I thankfully got let go due to downsizing and strangely enough, my heartburn quit 2 days later.

Quick Reply: Sons Ford Credit Problem