1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

84 Econline Mark III Electric Final

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 12:29 AM
williamm21
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 84 Econline Mark III Electric Final

I have a Wire cut in the engine bay, Actually 2. One green that I need to replace the fusible link. The other a black and white(I think it is the radio suppresor?). My main question is since the dash, front courtesy lights, running lights and radio work it would seem that the rest of the stuff that don't work i.e back dc outlets, back fan, atmosphere lights, and roof mounted fan, is not using the main fuse box. I dont see another fuse box and have tried connecting the fuseble link line without the fuse but nothing works.

Is there and easy way to pull the fuse box and pull it in sight and/or am I right that the power for the rest of the stuff(that don't work) is in a different place. Nothing is in plain view and I would love some hints

Old 10-03-2006, 08:53 AM
subford
Fleet Owner
Received 230 Likes on 179 Posts
Not sure what a Mark III is but if you are talking class “C” then yes they come from another fuse box/power converter in the rear near where the shore power comes in.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:21 AM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's a conversion van. Do you have an overhead console? If so have you pulled the switch panel out to see what color wire is feeding it? It may be tied in behind the fusebox in the cab, or even off the ignition switch.