1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 f250 vibration

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 04:51 PM
shirkf7
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 f250 vibration

i have a bad vibration at speeds over 55,bad enough to shake the console & splash coffee all over,thats at 70-75 mph..on smooth highway,been back to the dealer twice,they checked tire balance & cut the front rotors & replaced 1 rim they said was bent..i feel the vibration more in the seat & floor.not so much in the steering wheel.truck has 15,000 miles on it & they also replaced the turbine sensor on the front of the tranny.because of od light flashing & check engine light.im wondering if the vibration could be related to the sensor problem?im still under warranty but i trust the knowledge on this sight more than the techs at the dealership where i bought the truck..as they refused to give me a copy of the repair invoices,,they said they had to submit to ford for warranty 1st???any ideas would be appreciated..

Old 10-03-2006, 08:21 AM
walleyeman
Mountain Pass
In NY State, is is required by law that they give you copiess of the ROs (Invoices) even if it is covered under warranty. They don't need to submit anything to Ford if they are a Ford dealer. This was automatically done through the computer OASIS system. Remind them of this. Department of Motor Vehicles oversees these things.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:20 AM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is odd that they don't want to give you a copy of the invoice.

Did they check the driveshaft for both balance and proper indexing?

Old 10-03-2006, 04:50 PM
shirkf7
New User
thanks for the replies on this,im stopping in on friday,ill ask them to print me a copy of the invoice & ask about the driveshaft index & balance..

Old 10-11-2006, 09:56 AM
hawkco66
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same truck problem

I've got an '04 F250 crew cab/short bed 6.0 with auto. I have the same vibes. I've gotten about 35K miles on it. I've had the wheels and tires rebalanced at the dealer twice. I too have replaced one wheel. I've experienced driveline vibes before, but I'm still banking on a tire/wheel problem and alignment. The truck tracks fine, but after 35k miles with very regular rotation...trying to locate the problem, I've finally determined a significant wear pattern on the inside of the front tires. It is very evenly matched wear on both front tires. Also I have the cheaper steel wheels and the stock 16'' BFG All-terrain tires. I suspect my problem is a combination of the steel wheels, the BFG tires, and too much toe. The dealer has checked the toe, but at the time they conveniently forgot to "print-out" a sheet to show me the final findings...

Next weekend I'm visiting my father who has an excursion with alum wheels and a differnt brand of highway tires in the same size. I'm going to swap out the entire set with his and we'll drive both. I'll post my findings in a week or so... I'm hopefull I will see some vibration move to his truck and see mine run smoother. Confirming this I will be back to the dealer for an attempt at restitution... that I'm sure will likely never happen.

Greg

Old 10-11-2006, 04:53 PM
shirkf7
New User
ok,let us know what happens,,my truck is at the dealer right now for the vibration,ill post when i get it back..

Old 10-12-2006, 09:34 PM
shirkf7
New User
well i picked up my truck from the dealer today,they put a different set of tires on,i had bfg,now it has firestones,im not sure if they replaced the rims, but the vibration issue seems better.i still feel shake in the steering wheel while braking,so they didnt replace the rotors..ill test it at high speed tomorrow on the nys thruway,then ill know for sure if the vibration is gone..

Old 10-13-2006, 09:07 PM
hawkco66
Cross-Country
Awesome. I hope it works. If it does can you tell me exactly what Firestones they put on?

Old 10-17-2006, 08:23 PM
hawkco66
Cross-Country
Identified my problem

Shirk,
I visited my father this weekend. As luck would have it, he recently purchased an excursion with the same sized tires and wheels. He has the aluminum wheels with brand new Mastercraft "cooper" tires. With his help I did a one for one swap.

My truck drove outstanding at all speeds after the swap. Expectedly, his excursion drove like a dump truck on a gravel road... He was very quick to help me switch them back...

Bottom line. My factory BFGs with Factory steel wheels are bunk...

I'm in the hunt for some factory alum takeoffs.. I know this is my prob. If your truck is fixed, pls let me know what firestone tires you went with?

thanks,
Greg