Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Yet another GP question... sorry guys.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 04:42 PM
sneak
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Yet another GP question... sorry guys.

I'm oing o college 300 miles away from home farm. I have two glow plugs that still work, and only one working within spec. I am planning on being home the weekend of the 7th. While I am home I plan on replacing all 8 of the GP's but I only have one shot at this or I don't get back to school on time.

Besides glowplugs and an IAH do I need to or should I have on hand?

Edit: Oh yeah, and it's an 02 F350.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:46 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A long extension cord plugged in to keep the block warm, that way if you quit before you are done you can still get to school on time. Yes Im the smart @$$ on the forum. Make sure you have the deep 10mm socket. How do you know you only have 2 working? Be real careful about pulling them out. I personally am always scared that something will come apart and drop, although I only know of 1 person that has done that.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:12 PM
sneak
Elder User
True about the smart @$$ coment... I did a test on my GP's with an ohm meter, six of them are in the 1200-2000 ohm range. Ok, but what aout parts?

Old 09-29-2006, 05:51 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by sneak
True about the smart @$$ coment... I did a test on my GP's with an ohm meter, six of them are in the 1200-2000 ohm range. Ok, but what aout parts?
Here's a link to a thread on GP/GPR's with part #'s LINK

Old 09-30-2006, 11:39 AM
sneak
Elder User
I'm getting bosch gp's but I need to know if there are any parts, other than those listed that I will need. For example valve cover gasket, dielectric grease, etc...

Old 09-30-2006, 02:43 PM
herman2001
Junior User
I would pick up 2 valve cover gaskets and patience because I did mine last year and holy passenger side was a complete nightmare, be extreamly carefull when puting the glowplugs back in and the wireing , make sure you have all the wiring tucked neatly away from the injectors because I somehow pinched the injector harness and sure enough truck wouldn't start I had to remove the passenger side valve cover agian and rework the wiring and bingo started right up no problems since, My friend at work changer his in his 2000 f-250 and long story short we had to remove the head one glow plug snapped off inside the head not a good day. just be calm and put no rush on this job... start it when you know you have a good 4-6hours to do this...good luck

Old 09-30-2006, 10:56 PM
sneak
Elder User
Originally Posted by herman2001
I would pick up 2 valve cover gaskets and patience because I did mine last year and holy passenger side was a complete nightmare, be extreamly carefull when puting the glowplugs back in and the wireing , make sure you have all the wiring tucked neatly away from the injectors because I somehow pinched the injector harness and sure enough truck wouldn't start I had to remove the passenger side valve cover agian and rework the wiring and bingo started right up no problems since, My friend at work changer his in his 2000 f-250 and long story short we had to remove the head one glow plug snapped off inside the head not a good day. just be calm and put no rush on this job... start it when you know you have a good 4-6hours to do this...good luck
Ok, thank you, that's what I was looking for, and trust me, I will be starting this early saturday so I have plenty of time.